Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: It was a great ride

Default Re: It was a great ride

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Does this mean season tickets are going to start being available? Because that would be awesome.

(enough)

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    It wasn't a great ride. It will continue to be a great ride. Our team is returning a lot. Now the 5 peat and 1 game away from a 6 peat and the Power 5 wins... Yeah that was epic. Time to do it again. Humbling loss. I'm sure we would love to play these guys again
    Get rid of this stupid thread. The "ride" is far from over!

Quote Originally Posted by Kingslayer View Post
    Maybe he was talking about your mom!
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    Maybe he was talking about your mom!
    why the purple?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingslayer View Post

Agreed.

All that has happened is that the quest for a 6-peat has stopped. And our consecutive playoff win record.

It is easy to be a Bison fan when we are winning consecutive national champions but let's not make this loss (as painful as it is) any more than it is. In short, let's not catastrophize this.

There may be a drop off in fan base. That is normal, probably some bandwagoners hopped on board for the natty's and some may hop off but that will open up ticket opportunities for some to get on board.

I will continue to be a Teammaker, of course. I had planned to double my Teammaker giving next year but may quadruple it. Continue to give to Bison Pride Fund. Some tears have been shed at this household today but there may be a silver lining to all of this. The media and maybe some of us including me have been hyping the Bison too much. The pressure must be difficult for the players.

I am not going to lie. Of course, we wish we had won last night but maybe it will be a wake-up call for the coaches, etc. to try different approaches.

I was so happy to hear that the fans gave our team a standing ovation towards the end of the game last night. And that some of the Bison players, I think it was Brad Ambrosius and others, approached the JSU players and congratulated them. Our guys are classy as well, in winning they always are and certainly in losing. I never worry about our Bison team saying anything stupid on twitter or acting arrogant or cocky.

The streak is over, but the ride will continue. The team got a nice round of applause at the end of the game from nearly everyone except the people who left early.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Congratulations on a great run.

We've had this for over 5 decades. It won't end any time soon.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

DORMIE is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Very true, Ca. My seat is very close to Ardel Wiegant and Terry and Billy Sturdevant. I told Ardel and Billy last week that it was 52 years ago in 1964, when I was in basic training at Ft Leonard Wood that they were playing in the Mineral Water Bowl in Excelsior Springs, MO. It's been a great run that they started with nothing back in 1963. We are so fortunate for that effort back then.

It was a great ride and I hope it isn't over for quite sometime. When I attended SU from '85 to '90 we won 3 national championships. We won it all in '86 went 6-4 in '87 and then won it all again in '88. So, you see, there will be ups and downs from season to season, but overall we should be pretty good for at least a few more years. I just hope that we aren't seeing the beginning of a long term slide like we saw in the '90s.