Thread: Is AJ just a placeholder out there?

Default Is AJ just a placeholder out there?

After watching the UC Davis game on Wednesday night, i noticed AJ doesn't do much but be a placeholder. He doesn't seem like he wants to be out there or is looking to score. He seems like he would be a better bench player right now. When AJ fouled out towards the end of the game NDSU actually starting playing ball. They had a small rotation out there but they actually moved around without the ball. It seemed to get them energized and fired up in my opinion.

Default Re: Is AJ just a placeholder out there?

Looked much better last night, scoring 18 and played really well. Hopefully that's the AJ we get going forward.

AJ seems very temperamental on how the team is playing. If the team offense is struggling, he really struggles. If the team offense is in flow he is really good. I don't see him as a leader on the team and that's ok. He does a lot of little things that go unnoticed right pretty consistently. He just seems reliant on the system on offense.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    AJ seems very temperamental on how the team is playing. If the team offense is struggling, he really struggles. If the team offense is in flow he is really good. I don't see him as a leader on the team and that's ok. He does a lot of little things that go unnoticed right pretty consistently. He just seems reliant on the system on offense.
    Or maybe he just started reading Bisonville....

HerdBoy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

AJ seems to start a new season slow. I wish he would drive to the basket more as he did as a Freshman rather than hanging out on the perimeter. He played well against UND so maybe he's kicked into the next gear now.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBoy View Post
    AJ seems to start a new season slow. I wish he would drive to the basket more as he did as a Freshman rather than hanging out on the perimeter. He played well against UND so maybe he's kicked into the next gear now.
    Have to keep in mine that AJ, Paul Miller, and Khy Kabellas are now in their 2nd year, and there is tape, teams will adjust to them and they have to adjust to what they are up against. However both directions is not necessarily as easy at sounds.

North Side is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

AJ had an injury to start the season, but honestly I thought he would play better. I am sure he is working hard. He has the potential to still get hot towards the end of the season

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    Have to keep in mine that AJ, Paul Miller, and Khy Kabellas are now in their 2nd year, and there is tape, teams will adjust to them and they have to adjust to what they are up against. However both directions is not necessarily as easy at sounds.
    AJ and Paul are both in their third years. Khy is a sophomore.

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
    AJ and Paul are both in their third years. Khy is a sophomore.
    I think he meant 2nd year of playing together.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

18 points vs und and got to the FT line 10 times. That's an improvement

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com