Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: 12/16 @und

Default Re: 12/16 @und

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    I believe only Crandall and an assistant coach for UN_ came off the bench. The assistant coach came off to get Crandall back to the bench. Then he and Richman got into a yelling match.
    Still not sure what it was about but it looked like Richman was saying something about minding his own players. I think the UND coach said something or tried to "redirect" (teacher term) one of our players and Richman took issue with that. Which I agree with btw. I loved the fire from richman there.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    Still not sure what it was about but it looked like Richman was saying something about minding his own players. I think the UND coach said something or tried to "redirect" (teacher term) one of our players and Richman took issue with that. Which I agree with btw. I loved the fire from richman there.
    I did like the "fire" from Richman as well. Wished he showed more of it from time to time. I know during the end of the first UN_ game he was barking at an official and it was to get a T. The ref would not give him one.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

UND fans are mad about the last time out...give me a break. Anyone at the game saw how some of the UND players reacted to the win and how they interacted with the crowd afterwards. NDSU just wanted to get the win and get the hell out of there, it was by no means a "celebration timeout". The Fhawkers had other ideas though by making a dirty play.

Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    Kabellis had a technical in the first half and at the end of the game. He also went and sat on the end of the bench after he was ejected for his second technical instead of leaving the court, but figured it out before he got called for not leaving the court.
    If he got two techs I believe he is suspended a game

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post
    UND fans are mad about the last time out...give me a break. Anyone at the game saw how some of the UND players reacted to the win and how they interacted with the crowd afterwards. NDSU just wanted to get the win and get the hell out of there, it was by no means a "celebration timeout". The Fhawkers had other ideas though by making a dirty play.
    Lol of all things to complain about

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post
    NDSU just wanted to get the win and get the hell out of there, it was by no means a "celebration timeout".
    Serious question: Then what was the point of calling it? NDSU just hit two free throws to go up 14 and there was 24 seconds left in the game. I could not care less if the timeout was done to rub a little salt in the wound, it is a rivalry game and was some payback for what happened a couple weeks ago, but saying they just wanted to get out of there as fast as they could sure doesn't jive with calling that timeout. Not sure what the point is of denying what it was, NDSU earned the right to rub it in.
    Last edited by abc123; 12-20-2016 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Lol of all things to complain about
    Its about as dumb as NDSU fans complaining about their kid celebrating when they won here. Who cares. Bigger fish to fry at that point.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    Serious question: Then what was the point of calling it? NDSU just hit two free throws to go up 14 and there was 24 seconds left in the game. I could not care less if the timeout was done to rub a little salt in the wound, it is a rivalry game and was some payback for what happened a couple weeks ago, but saying they just wanted to get out of there as fast as they could sure doesn't jive with calling that timeout. Not sure what the point is of denying what it was, NDSU earned the right to rub it in.
    NDSU wasn't rubbing it in at all. The game was still going, UND kept fouling, Richmond called the TO after the free throws to explain to the players that they and their actions represent NDSU as a whole and he wanted nobody to do anything stupid. Thal's all the TO was for.

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    NDSU wasn't rubbing it in at all. The game was still going, UND kept fouling, Richmond called the TO after the free throws to explain to the players that they and their actions represent NDSU as a whole and he wanted nobody to do anything stupid. Thal's all the TO was for.
    This would be correct.

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    Interesting that he felt the need to explain considering he employed a similar strategy, pressing and fouling down 21 points with around a minute to go just the week prior. There was plenty of trash talking and some extra celebrating going on by both teams during both games. Regardless, the game is over and I have no issues with either one. Wouldn't be surprised see both teams see some benefit in the long run from a reality check due to getting shown up on their home court by their rival.