Page 56 of 60 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast

Thread: Wichita State to the American Athletic Conference?

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Wichita State to the American Athletic Conference?

As I look toward conference realignment, I keep the demise of broadcast TV in mind. The future is not live games with ads on free (or cheap) TV. The future is subscriptions to watch particular teams and/or conferences.

So, who do you want in your league who can help bolster an online streaming network? I want BYU because of their huge and devoted global network of fans.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

As I look toward conference realignment, I keep the demise of broadcast TV in mind. The future is not live games with ads on free (or cheap) TV. The future is subscriptions to watch particular teams and/or conferences.

So, who do you want in your league who can help bolster an online streaming network? I want BYU because of their huge and devoted global network of fans.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post

WRONG broadcast will be more valuable as people cut cords. bye bye espn
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Valparaiso beat writer for the NWI Times, Paul Oren on "The BrakeDown" Tuesday, May 9th
    https://soundcloud.com/user-74421198...uesday-may-9th

here's the full show
    https://soundcloud.com/user-74421198...-9th-full-show

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    Maybe the MVC is better than the Summit, I'm not qualified to make that call. But any objective person should be able to say the MVC is a husk of what it once was. It just isn't that attractive, IMO.
    The husk that is the MVC is in sweet 16.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    Maybe the MVC is better than the Summit, I'm not qualified to make that call. But any objective person should be able to say the MVC is a husk of what it once was. It just isn't that attractive, IMO.
    Rabbits 0 NCAA wins...MVC Husk in the elite eight.

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Rabbits 0 NCAA wins...MVC Husk in the elite eight.
    yuup, they have a damn shot at the Final 4

So when does Loyola Chicago move to the A10 or Big East?
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Loyola Chicago is a nice story but all they are is a team who has gotten hot at the right time, got some good matchups, and eeked out some wins. I'm not buying the hype that their program is that strong. In fact, if they were to have met up with USD or SDSU this season I would have put money on either the Yotes or the Jacks to come out with the win.

Quote Originally Posted by Yote 53 View Post
    Loyola Chicago is a nice story but all they are is a team who has gotten hot at the right time, got some good matchups, and eeked out some wins. I'm not buying the hype that their program is that strong. In fact, if they were to have met up with USD or SDSU this season I would have put money on either the Yotes or the Jacks to come out with the win.
    They went 28-5 in the regular season and have a top 30 RPI, they aren't exactly a team that got hot at the end of the season. They had a great team all year won a ton of games in the MVC, beat Florida on the road, who knows if they can sustain it but they have been on the rise for the past few years. Drake was a top 25 team for a year and they lost their coach and fell apart. That said, Loyola is a classic example of a school moving to a better league and thriving.

Meanwhile in the Summit world their are clowns that want to add Augie to the league.