Page 55 of 60 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast

Thread: Wichita State to the American Athletic Conference?

Default Re: Wichita State to the American Athletic Conference?

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    So... because the Dakota schools are in the same football conference as them, they should feel obligated to add them to the MVC?

The Dakota schools do control their own place in FCS and D1. They are members of the MVFC and the Summit League. I dont see how that has really changed lately.
    No. Didn't say they should have invited us all into the MVC, but them sniffing around UNO and possibly adding multiple Horizon members (which as you know would have a domino effect that would hurt the Summit) would have been harmful to all of us. There were plenty of MVC fans who said they did not care if any of their actions had repercussions that would hurt the Summit schools.

I just don't see why any of us want to remain in this position any longer. Waiting for the next round of re-alignment to happen and for another shoe to drop. I would rather we associated ourselves with the best schools at our level, not hoping that UMKC might be interested in being a back-up option if we would lose some members. Eff that. I'm saying we all start making some moves to put us in the best conference possible. I don't want the MVC anyway, they've shown they are a small bus league.

Mayville Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    So... because the Dakota schools are in the same football conference as them, they should feel obligated to add them to the MVC?

The Dakota schools do control their own place in FCS and D1. They are members of the MVFC and the Summit League. I dont see how that has really changed lately.
    What if the MVC took 3 teams to get to 12 - it doesn't even really matter who they are to see how the Dakota schools don't control their own place. MVC takes from HL/OVC, HL/OVC backfill with teams from the Summit. Depending on who those 3 teams are, you are left with 7 teams in a conference with really no one to backfill. Lose the right/wrong ones and you lose an autobid for Baseball, Men's Soccer, and Softball. Does that leave you with enough team sports to have your MBB autobid (ie. the only one bringing in ANY money)? If the answer is no, the Dakota schools are no longer members of the MVFC and the Summit League.

Until we can get another core football school to threaten leaving the MVFC, any Summit school will never control their own place in FCS and/or D1. We will always be wondering who's the next to leave and how to react accordingly.

It would be nice to be proactive and not have to worry about poaching. Maybe that started already if the Summit teams told the MVFC they are leaving if Murray State got in. Total speculation? Absolutely, but who knows! I'm more convinced the MVC didn't want another school that had a huge investment into football.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayville Bison View Post
    I'm more convinced the MVC didn't want another school that had a huge investment into football.
    They wanted a Private, 5/5 ratio now, MVC privates will destroy that conference if they haven't already.

I don't care what anyone says adding Valpo alone does NOTHING to lift the competition in the MVC for UNI, ISU-R etc.. they really have done nothing spectacular in 20 years
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by Mayville Bison View Post
    What if the MVC took 3 teams to get to 12 - it doesn't even really matter who they are to see how the Dakota schools don't control their own place. MVC takes from HL/OVC, HL/OVC backfill with teams from the Summit. Depending on who those 3 teams are, you are left with 7 teams in a conference with really no one to backfill. Lose the right/wrong ones and you lose an autobid for Baseball, Men's Soccer, and Softball. Does that leave you with enough team sports to have your MBB autobid (ie. the only one bringing in ANY money)? If the answer is no, the Dakota schools are no longer members of the MVFC and the Summit League.

Until we can get another core football school to threaten leaving the MVFC, any Summit school will never control their own place in FCS and/or D1. We will always be wondering who's the next to leave and how to react accordingly.

It would be nice to be proactive and not have to worry about poaching. Maybe that started already if the Summit teams told the MVFC they are leaving if Murray State got in. Total speculation? Absolutely, but who knows! I'm more convinced the MVC didn't want another school that had a huge investment into football.
    Tom Douple and the Summit have been extremely proactive. Poaching is a worry for all, even the big boys.

The DI move was high risk/reward from the start. So far, the presidents, and by extension the Summit League/MVFC, have managed risk very well and have reaped almost unimaginable rewards. Seriously, think back 15 years and how far we have come. National championships, playoffs, over a dozen NCAA basketball tournament appearances, record attendance, facilities, on and on. I have a high level of trust in the leadership in place to continue to manage.

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Valpo in only addition

MVC leadership again bows down to the shitty Privates, that Conference had another shot and didn't secure it's future

Wonder who the Horizon will want to fill Valpo's place? Will they add 3?

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Bet it includes Summit teams
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

RedRiver is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Bet it includes Summit teams
    Maybe maybe not. Omaha is not going to the HL just like they weren't ever going to the MVC. Their financial situation is a mess and they are a hockey school first. If it is a Summit school my guess is one, not both of the Indiana schools. The Purdue board is meeting to discuss athletics so it is possible one gets an invite. Although, rumor has also has it that IPFW may go back to D2 due to financial issues.

The HL have looked at Robert Morris before, and Robert Morris by all accounts was interested. I would say if that is true that is who they contact first. They could look to the OVC, Moorhead State has been rumored. If they begin looking east their options of improving their league are better. Unless they want to go way west and chase NMSU and GCU that improves their league. I doubt the city schools in the Horizon League would have as big of an issue with GCU as DU did, and likely all four Dakota schools would.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I could see them adding Ft Wayne. Not sure they'd do Iupui as well