Page 54 of 60 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast

Thread: Wichita State to the American Athletic Conference?

Default Re: Wichita State to the American Athletic Conference?

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    hmmmm...have to wonder if the crappy Murray St FB had something to do with it, face it they were a very POOR addition to the MVFC that doesn't need any more crap or teams
    They were a horrible addition but I didn't think that would stop the MVC from doing whatever it wanted in the name of basketball.

I think the Valley does expansion in a bizarre way, kind of weird to have these campus visits and then you don't invite most of them.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Even if it ends here and nothing else happens I still think the Dakota 4 should pursue something bigger like the "Big North". We've seen exactly what the MVC schools think of us and don't really care if we end up in a crap situation. As long as they got theirs everything is fine. We need to pave our own way and not be pawns in their game anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Yote 53 View Post
    We need to pave our own way and not be pawns in their game anymore.

This. Those bastards in Peoria have been screwing with us too long.

?
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Even if it ends here and nothing else happens I still think the Dakota 4 should pursue something bigger like the "Big North". We've seen exactly what the MVC schools think of us and don't really care if we end up in a crap situation. As long as they got theirs everything is fine. We need to pave our own way and not be pawns in their game anymore.
    I'm confused. Aren't you one of the guys that's been posting about how the Summit will overtake the MVC anyway?

Also, why would they care if the Dakota teams get left out to dry? Would you care if you were in their shoes?
    College of Business Alumnus

the addition of Valpo brings the MVC to 5 and 5 Private/State equality now in the Valley

Maybe that was a factor
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    I'm confused. Aren't you one of the guys that's been posting about how the Summit will overtake the MVC anyway?

Also, why would they care if the Dakota teams get left out to dry? Would you care if you were in their shoes?
    Yeah actually. That's what happens when you have sports in different conferences. The fact is the MVC schools couldn't care less if they dropped FB tomorrow as long as their bus league for BB is intact. That's a very good reason to be pushing for an all sports conference.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post

I do think the Summit will eventually overtake the Valley. Which is why the Valley wouldn't mind inflicting some damage on the Summit to keep these schools in the rear view.

They should care if the Summit teams get left out in the dry because we are all partners in the MVFC. They obviously don't care about the health and well being of their MVFC conference mates, that has become evident through this, at least the fans of those schools don't.

We'd just be better off controlling our own place in D1 and the FCS.

I do think the Summit will eventually overtake the Valley. Which is why the Valley wouldn't mind inflicting some damage on the Summit to keep these schools in the rear view.

They should care if the Summit teams get left out in the dry because we are all partners in the MVFC. They obviously don't care about the health and well being of their MVFC conference mates, that has become evident through this, at least the fans of those schools don't.

the Private Non FB schools dont care, Bet your Ass UNI and ISU-R care though. Guessing ISU-B doesnt but they are not good in any sport, SIU always was a BBALL school but they have a good history of FB. Missouri St better care also as they need FB to stay attractive for a possible FBS jump they seem to dream about
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    the addition of Valpo brings the MVC to 5 and 5 Private/State equality now in the Valley

Maybe that was a factor
    Plus splitting the remaining shares from the WSU runs looks a lot better when it is among 9 or 10 then 11 or 12. And Murray FB had to be a sticking point. If Murray were planning on bringing FB over the privates would say no. They do not want another scholarship FB school in the MVC.

So... because the Dakota schools are in the same football conference as them, they should feel obligated to add them to the MVC?

The Dakota schools do control their own place in FCS and D1. They are members of the MVFC and the Summit League. I dont see how that has really changed lately.
    College of Business Alumnus