Page 53 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: Wichita State to the American Athletic Conference?

Default Re: Wichita State to the American Athletic Conference?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    mvc taking Murray st & Valpo staying at 11 members according to a source.

man NDSU Admin cant sell a heater to an Eskimo
    Who says they were selling?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Who says they were selling?
    MVC is a BB league. I think Chapo thinks NDSU brings a BB program to the table.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our admin could sell but it is going to be hard for them to convince the planet to shift Fargo 250 miles southeast so we look more attractive for the MVC.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Our administration needs to be having some serious discussions with the other Dak schools as well as our peers in other conferences. If the dominoes don't fall right we need to be able to make the right moves to better position our athletic programs.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    MVC is a BB league. I think Chapo thinks NDSU brings a BB program to the table.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah I know. What makes him think NDSU was interested? I heard nothing from NDSU.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

I think this is why UND ended up in the summit and mvfc, imo. These 4 were the core of ncc for decades. So getting them all in the same conference as much it was to many of our dismay, I believe it was these type of conversations between the dakota schools that this occurred. What happens next though is a bit of a mystery. I think dakota schools realized that none of them were going to get added to mvc any time soon. Not that they probably didn't try but it has been obvious from their recent additions that they were not going to seriously consider us.

Oddly I feel that the 4 dakota schools are going to be a lynch pin in something once things really start moving around with conferences for whatever reasons.

Looking forward to my anticipated neg rep from el chapo! Cause your little snide remarks you add just make me smile as I realize that you feel powerless about this whole NDSU thing.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    I think this is why UND ended up in the summit and mvfc, imo. These 4 were the core of ncc for decades. So getting them all in the same conference as much it was to many of our dismay, I believe it was these type of conversations between the dakota schools that this occurred. What happens next though is a bit of a mystery. I think dakota schools realized that none of them were going to get added to mvc any time soon. Not that they probably didn't try but it has been obvious from their recent additions that they were not going to seriously consider us.

Oddly I feel that the 4 dakota schools are going to be a lynch pin in something once things really start moving around with conferences for whatever reasons.

Looking forward to my anticipated neg rep from el chapo! Cause your little snide remarks you add just make me smile as I realize that you feel powerless about this whole NDSU thing.

Agree. I think the Dakota 4 schools will be a major player in the next reshuffling at the FCS (or whatever it becomes) level. We might even be the force that drives the conference reshuffling if our non-football sports are jeopardized. I just don't see state schools that are growing in stature the way we all are sitting around and taking whatever handouts are leftover.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post

Agree. I think the Dakota 4 schools will be a major player in the next reshuffling at the FCS (or whatever it becomes) level. We might even be the force that drives the conference reshuffling if our non-football sports are jeopardized. I just don't see state schools that are growing in stature the way we all are sitting around and taking whatever handouts are leftover.

Looks like "Valley watch" is about to be over...

Mark Adams‏
    @EnthusiAdams

Source confirms @valpoathletics likely to replace Wichita St as 10th member of The Valley. Valpo probable only addition. No vote/invite yet.
    https://twitter.com/EnthusiAdams/sta...33781803069440
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

hmmmm...have to wonder if the crappy Murray St FB had something to do with it, face it they were a very POOR addition to the MVFC that doesn't need any more crap or teams
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant