Page 47 of 60 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread: Wichita State to the American Athletic Conference?

Default Re: Wichita State to the American Athletic Conference?

The fact that the MVC is even considering Omaha is a good indicator of what the MVC members of MVFC think of the Summit League members.

Time for ndsu to leave the mvfc send them a message mountain west or mac lets go now!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

[QUOTE=NDSUstudent;1206632]The Valley has lined up 4 visits....

https://twitter.com/DaveReynolds2/st...78990916816896[/QUOTE

No Dave Reynolds tweets me and says " This isnt necessarily the complete visits, just the initial visits.. more could come"
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by goyotes View Post
    The fact that the MVC is even considering Omaha is a good indicator of what the MVC members of MVFC think of the Summit League members.
    This.

I can't fault the MVC with looking towards Murray or Valpo. Those are both above average basketball programs. What Yote said however is still true. If it is true that Omaha is seen as a better candidate that any of the Dakota schools it is simply due to geography and market. Omaha has both of those over any of our schools.

The MVFC is truly not important in the grand scheme of things to the MVC and we should take notice of that and start exploring (as least internally) other options. Whether that we Summit Football or something else remains to be seen. The last thing that we want is to be in a football conference where we are ultimately considered second class citizens because of our location.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    The Valley has lined up 4 visits....

https://twitter.com/DaveReynolds2/st...78990916816896
    Quote Originally Posted by Yote 53 View Post
    Omaha? Not good, but Omaha would exit at the same time UND comes in so a net loss of zero there.

Ok, you know I will stick up for Omaha because they are one of ours, but Omaha? Really? They don't exactly scream Valley material to me, not today anyway.

Milwaukee? Wasn't their program on some kind of academic probation or something? And the basketball team has been terrible?

So is the MVC only concern having a nice, tight, little bus league? Seems that way. Screams "SmallTime" to me. Not even sure I would want to get involved with that conference with how they've been handling their expansion moves. Instead of going out and getting the best and the up and comers to first requirement is "can you bus there within 3 hours".
    My desire to join the MVC is dwindled because they are clearly a small time thinking conference who just wants to be stable and could care less about putting he best product on the field. In their delusional world, Omaha is the same as Creighton because they are in Omaha or they just want someone they view as an easy win. I'm actually getting less and less excited about all of our conferences in general. I want to be associated with a conference that wants to build something huge, not add blah programs like Murray, Omaha, and UMKC. And the football conference is thinking the same way. While these chumps would love to add Murray, I want to be in a conference that has teams that IMPROVE the conference. You know, teams that could actually win the whole thing.

I'm actually liking the idea of going west.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    My desire to join the MVC is dwindled because they are clearly a small time thinking conference who just wants to be stable and could care less about putting he best product on the field. In their delusional world, Omaha is the same as Creighton because they are in Omaha or they just want someone they view as an easy win. I'm actually getting less and less excited about all of our conferences in general. I want to be associated with a conference that wants to build something huge, not add blah programs like Murray, Omaha, and UMKC. And the football conference is thinking the same way. While these chumps would love to add Murray, I want to be in a conference that has teams that IMPROVE the conference. You know, teams that could actually win the whole thing.

I'm actually liking the idea of going west.
    I may not always agree with Bison posters, but the above is so spot on I just have to say.. BRAVO!!!! Our ADs need to look at this MVC process and ask ourselves where we want to be.

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I bet they go Valpo and Milwaukee. Would the Horizon then take all 4 Dakota Schools?
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.

Quote Originally Posted by DePereBisonFan View Post
    I bet they go Valpo and Milwaukee. Would the Horizon then take all 4 Dakota Schools?
    Why would the Dakota 4 want to join the Horizon?

Quote Originally Posted by DePereBisonFan View Post
    They could add all four and go to 12 I guess but that conference is a lot more market focused then the MVC is.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by goyotes View Post
    Why would the Dakota 4 want to join the Horizon?
    Survival...
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.