Page 33 of 60 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Wichita State to the American Athletic Conference?

Default Re: Wichita State to the American Athletic Conference?

Lets get this meeting going!!! i wanna see NDSU get an invite.

Dean & Matt better have called all these MVFC members and remind them how NDSU footbl has basically subsidized that league & brought it national prominence & inflated thier attendences & revenues!!

they owe NDSU this.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    How can you get the two of them confused? They're both part of the same university system, they just chose to acronym their names differently.

Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis
    Indiana University-Purdue University Fort Wayne

Understandable to chose different acronyms as the other choices were worse:

IUPUI or IPI
    IPFW or IUPUFW
    That made me chuckle. I didn't realize they were part of the same university system. (or I'd never thought about it) Wonder if the rest of the country does? Purple Heck some people don't even know ND has 2 different flag ship type schools

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

It's looking like the MVC may just stay at 9 teams for now. Saw some tweets from some sports directors in the Valpo area. Nothing official of course

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Meeting appears to be over. MSU president tweets that he is heading home....

Clif Smart‏
    @ClifSmart

.@kmoatsmsubears & I heading home from St Louis. Exciting days ahead for @MVCsports.
    https://twitter.com/ClifSmart/status/851189229740806149

Based on that tweet, I'd expect that they are going to add somebody.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Meeting appears to be over. MSU president tweets that he is heading home....

https://twitter.com/ClifSmart/status/851189229740806149

Based on that tweet, I'd expect that they are going to add somebody.
    Since it's Missouri State, he's probably excited because it would save money having 9 teams.

If I had to guess it would be 3 teams with a 6 / 6 format. Probably Valpo, Belmont, and Murray State who I would have no interest in joining the football conference

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Since it's Missouri State, he's probably excited because it would save money having 9 teams.

If I had to guess it would be 3 teams with a 6 / 6 format. Probably Valpo, Belmont, and Murray State who I would have no interest in joining the football conference
    Yup... I am thinking it will be Valpo and Murray State -- does nothing to improve the MVC, and actually weakens it... neither has the potential to become the next Wichita State. As for Murray State, they are a bottom feeder OVC football program... they add nothing to the MVFC, and should not be allowed in.

If the MVC schools wanted Murray in, I'm guessing they would get in. They did us a solid for USD and UND....the favor would be returned.

That said would Murray even want to commit to that level of football? The Pioneer League might be a better fit.

Bradley beat writer...

Dave Reynolds‏Verified account @DaveReynolds2 17m17 minutes ago

According to a source, MVC took no action today in meeting about new membership. Ultimate action will be "thorough, swift and discreet."
    https://twitter.com/DaveReynolds2?re...39415267635200

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    I would guess they will contact target schools, ask them to put together an application, those that don't want to join there wouldn't be wasted time, vote done. I would bet NDSU is a school that will be asked, but not necessarily voted in
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    I would guess they will contact target schools, ask them to put together an application, those that don't want to join there wouldn't be wasted time, vote done. I would bet NDSU is a school that will be asked, but not necessarily voted in
    Yeah, I agree that is probably how this is playing out. We'll be interesting to see if they have any leaks.

Belmont had an interesting response today saying that they were happy to be in the OVC, meanwhile Murray's AD wouldn't comment on anything.