Page 31 of 60 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Wichita State to the American Athletic Conference?

Default Re: Wichita State to the American Athletic Conference?

Few random thoughts:

I have a hard time believing the Horizon would be looking at adding Denver or Omaha. I also have a hard time believing Denver or Omaha would be interested in the kind of travel the Horizon would require.

IPFW and/or IUPUI make the most sense.

With the addition of UND, the Summit is at 11. We could lose 1 or even 2 and be OK. It was only a couple years ago we survived at 7. Losing up to 2 teams wouldn't be great, but we wouldn't be on the verge of imploding.

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    NDSU would currently be dead last in budget if they were in the MVC. We're not even in he top half of the Summit. I would be for taking a huge chunk from the football program to offset that a bit, but I'm sure I'm in the minority on thwt.
    If NDSU doesn't want to be fbs, I agree 100%
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    Few random thoughts:

I have a hard time believing the Horizon would be looking at adding Denver or Omaha. I also have a hard time believing Denver or Omaha would be interested in the kind of travel the Horizon would require.

With the addition of UND, the Summit is at 11. We could lose 1 or even 2 and be OK. It was only a couple years ago we survived at 7. Losing up to 2 teams wouldn't be great, but we wouldn't be on the verge of imploding.
    We we be smart to target someone closer to Omaha and Denver because they would be the geographic glue that holds the conference together. The further east you go you are just becoming a developmental league for the Horizon or MVC.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Few random thoughts:

Check your math.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    Check your math.
    My bad, 10. Certainly not as much cushion, but the Summit could survive losing a team or even 2.

My bad, 10. Certainly not as much cushion, but the Summit could survive losing a team or even 2.
    It could survive but we want to improve and stabilize the conference , not just survive imo

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

I suppose UMKC would make some sense for the Summit were we to lose 1-2 teams. And as a longshot, you might even look at NMST.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

The problem the Summit has is that expansion options are few and far between, losing two schools would be a rather massive blow.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    The problem the Summit has is that expansion options are few and far between, losing two schools would be a rather massive blow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    I suppose UMKC would make some sense for the Summit were we to lose 1-2 teams. And as a longshot, you might even look at NMST.
    on paper UMKC makes sense. Fills out that part of our footprint. What's odd is they chose to leave the conference to jump to what is essentially the Great West.

In my opinion if your going to have 2 teams way out of your footprint (fort wayne iupui), they sure as hell better have one amazing atmosphere and draw some butts to the stands. I love the idea of New Mexico State and Grand Canyon State (averages over 5K) Both teams kill it in attendance. The 2 Indiana Schools don't do anything to excite the average fan. Although Grand Canyon wouldn't do much here either

If that would happen the wac would pretty much be done though. Then the Big Sky or Summit could pick and choose

If you go with Utah Valley.. who knows it could make a team like Southern Utah or Northern Colorado more likely to jump to the Summit some day since we have Denver.. except for Football those are teams I wouldn't want to add. Kind of like Murray State out east

I'm not sure Denver would support GCU or UVU joining the Summit, part of the reason why the joined the Summit was to get away from schools that are kind of questionable academically and GCU is a for profit school.

I have no idea what UMKC's deal is, there is an article out today saying they are hemorrhaging cash in the WAC because of travel and now want into the Valley to save money. They must think they are above the Summit since coming back was never mentioned as a possibility.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.