Page 3 of 60 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Wichita State to the American Athletic Conference?

Default Re: Wichita State to the American Athletic Conference?

If the league added NDSU and SDSU I would be all for it but I doubt the private schools would let that happen. Seems like the league is stuck on replacing one private with a private or one public with a public, no rocking the boat at all.

A decade ago the MVC could have really leveraged its brand and success but they didn't and are now paying for it.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    If the league added NDSU and SDSU I would be all for it but I doubt the private schools would let that happen. Seems like the league is stuck on replacing one private with a private or one public with a public, no rocking the boat at all.

A decade ago the MVC could have really leveraged its brand and success but they didn't and are now paying for it.
    Belmont should have decent shot.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    The MVC has become a giant pile of sh#t.

Would be happy to be affiliated with UNI, MoState, ISUb, ISUr; zero interest in the private schools.

The public MVC schools can join the Summit.
    I would love to have Drake added to the above.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Paint with me a picture, if you will, of UND joining the Summit as NDSU rides off into the sunset of the MVC.

Won't happen, but talk about day late and a dollar short.
    I think they should let every football team into the conference. NDSU, SDSU, USD, UND, Western Illinois
    At least 3 of those teams are very committed to mens basketball and bring a lot to the table including new facilities, great rivals, solid attendance, and some great programs in all the sports. Really good womens basketball teams (USD won the WINIT), built in attendance draws with rivals, travel partners, great softball and track & field. Western Illinois is total garbage though and UND needs to improve their basketball facilities

Not sure why they are scared. The public teams are having huge budget issues. That includes UNI, Misery State, Illinois State, etc.. The Summit Teams have a better chance of blossoming into a great team than say.. Valpo.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Sounding more and more like WSU is gone.
    link? 10 char
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.

Adding loyola was the dumbest thing they could have done
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Adding loyola was the dumbest thing they could have done
    Yeah it was. Apparently the private schools like to bleep each others bleeps. They add nothing to the conference except a team that will never be pouched by a power 5 school because nobody wants them. Now... the top 2 schools in the conference will be... drum roll... public schools!

The odds of one of the Dakota Schools taking their program to the next level is a hundred times greater than Loyola

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Btw, in my basketball survey I stated they need to push for better competition and shoot for a higher conference preferably the MVC as then basketball would play the same schools as football and spark more cross sport fan interest. Bet I wasn't the only one
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

I wouldn't want anything to do with the MVC and those privates. The Summit will be passing the MVC in the not so distant future. Without Wichita State, UNI and ISUr that conference is garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I wouldn't want anything to do with the MVC and those privates. The Summit will be passing the MVC in the not so distant future. Without Wichita State, UNI and ISUr that conference is garbage.
    UNI and ISU leaving anytime soon?
    College of Business Alumnus