Page 29 of 60 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: Wichita State to the American Athletic Conference?

Default Re: Wichita State to the American Athletic Conference?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    The Horizon likes big markets...So IUPUI, Denver, Omaha or maybe IPFW. That said the question with the Horizon is how many do they add?
    I would hope they go with fort Wayne and iupui... Can't lose Omaha or Denver. Would screw up the footprint

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I would hope they go with fort Wayne and iupui... Can't lose Omaha or Denver. Would screw up the footprint
    be awesome to replace them with Utah Valley and Grand Canyon, or CSU Bakersfield

Going to Suck if we dont get a shot, and the Summit gets raided by the Horizon
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    be awesome to replace them with Utah Valley and Grand Canyon, or CSU Bakersfield

If the teams in our conference suck compared to Horizon or MVC why will those conference come to the Summit to poach teams?
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    If the teams in our conference suck compared to Horizon or MVC why will those conference come to the Summit to poach teams?
    Stability... conferences aren't always looking for the best team

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    The Horizon doesn't exactly have a ton of options. They poach their teams from either the Summit/Midcon or OVC or maybe ASun. That is just where they are at on the food chain.

The Summit takes from DII or the WAC.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Spitballing some strange scenarios got me thinking. Which would be better for all participants long term, after the short term pain of realignment and contract resigning is complete:
    NDSU and SDSU join MVC minus WSU
    or
    UNI and ISUr joins the Summit as is?

Also consider WIU may be forced to have drastic budget cuts including dropping football due to the State of Illinois's severe budget problems.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    Spitballing some strange scenarios got me thinking. Which would be better for all participants long term, after the short term pain of realignment and contract resigning is complete:
    NDSU and SDSU join MVC minus WSU
    or
    UNI and ISUr joins the Summit as is?

Also consider WIU may be forced to have drastic budget cuts including dropping football due to the State of Illinois's severe budget problems.
    RE: the football part, just think how perfect the league would have been if WIU dropped football and the MVFC wouldn't have added UND *sigh*

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post

If we get rid of Fort Wayne and IPFW... it would make it easier to expand west or further south. Tough sell to something more west when you have outliers in Indiana

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    If we get rid of Fort Wayne and IPFW... it would make it easier to expand west or further south. Tough sell to something more west when you have outliers in Indiana
    Assuming you mean IUPUI and Fort Wayne? My God I don't care what 'market' you are in, if you can't get 1000 people to go to your games, you bring zero financial benefit to a conference... I've never understood why conferences pull in a no-name school from a big city. Remember when the WAC stole UMKC because they were in a major market? I'm not even sure UMKC is Division 1 anymore

If Murray State is added, I'll bet they bring football to the MVFC. The OVC isn't going to keep Murray State as football only. Murray State will set that as a condition to joining the MVC.

Do you see NDSU objecting to adding Murray State? Or have we already used up our chips by cramming UND down everyone's throat? There would be great irony if it turns out that our support for UND enabled Murray State to join the MVC/MVFC and thereby undermined our own chances of getting into the MVC.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.