Page 34 of 60 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Wichita State to the American Athletic Conference?

Default Re: Wichita State to the American Athletic Conference?

NDSU AD & PRES should be reminding the MVC what NDSU FOOTBALL Has done for the mvfc. raising the bar for all other programs, achieving national prominence for the league and subsidizing them via away games (yes ndsu brimgs more revenue for all mvfc teams)

its time to be rewarded!! can 1 media group in fargo have the stones to confront matt or dean and ask why we arent putting a full court press on for this ???
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

sdsu board members claims to have a source that says "ndsu and sdsu" will be contacted.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

The MVFC schools should combine (selfishly into the Summit League) and allow the MVC to have the basketball-only schools. Foot print works, concept works, but probably not that simple. Watch Augustana...they have the "wheels in motion to move to D-1"

Summit League:

NDSU
    UND
    SDSU
    USD
    Western Ill
    UNI
    ISU R
    ISU B
    Missouri St.

MVC
    Loyola
    Bradley
    Evansville
    Drake
    Omaha
    Ft. Wayne
    Denver
    IUPUI
    Oral Roberts

Mayville Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Yeah alrighty then. I'm sure everyone knows what UMKC stands for. /purple font. I think hearing Omaha and Fort Wayne sounds a hell of a lot more impressive than university of Nebraska Omaha or uno. Makes me think of the card game. Ipfw it took me 3 years to remember that one and I still occasionally mix them up with iupui that I'm pretty sure stands for Indiana university Purdue University Indianapolis... Or is it Indiana?
    What if people started calling NDSU Fargo or North Dakota? NDSU is original, similar to UMKC, IPFW, and IUPUI (not sure if there are any other UNOs).

Also, city names in universities make them sound on a lower level. Which sounds like it's more legit? Mayville State University or University of North Dakota-Mayville or North Dakota State University-Mayville.

Totally agree.

The problem is that there is really no path to get there.

The MVC is screwed up. It has geographic coherence and a great history. But it's a mess with regards to public/privates and football.

I see no reason for the MVFC to add Murray State. They suck at football and would be the worst team in the league. UND, those cheese-eating tit-babies, would be middle of the pack.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by BisonJD View Post
    The MVFC schools should combine (selfishly into the Summit League) and allow the MVC to have the basketball-only schools. Foot print works, concept works, but probably not that simple. Watch Augustana...they have the "wheels in motion to move to D-1"

Summit League:

NDSU
    UND
    SDSU
    USD
    Western Ill
    UNI
    ISU R
    ISU B
    Missouri St.

MVC
    Loyola
    Bradley
    Evansville
    Drake
    Omaha
    Ft. Wayne
    Denver
    IUPUI
    Oral Roberts
    Would be awesome if it was that easy, and my god if we end up in a conference with Augustana.....ouch
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by Mayville Bison View Post
    What if people started calling NDSU Fargo or North Dakota? NDSU is original, similar to UMKC, IPFW, and IUPUI (not sure if there are any other UNOs).

Also, city names in universities make them sound on a lower level. Which sounds like it's more legit? Mayville State University or University of North Dakota-Mayville or North Dakota State University-Mayville.
    Well.. Denver, Indianapolis, and Kansas City seem to work just fine for pro teams. In the case of Fargo... we have the luxury of being a flagship state university so we don't need to do that.

And there is another UNO

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

This process will give us a much clearer picture of how the MVC really feels about the MVFC. Based on the comments WSU made after announcing their departure, I don’t expect any bold moves.

To me, a conference where all the MVFC schools play in the same BB conference is very appealing, but I suspect the smaller schools in the MVC would not like this at all.

Summit League:

NDSU
    UND
    SDSU
    USD
    Western Ill
    UNI
    ISU R
    ISU B
    Missouri St.

MVC
    Loyola
    Bradley
    Evansville
    Drake
    Omaha
    Ft. Wayne
    Denver
    IUPUI
    Oral Roberts
    Just a minor detail is that Drake has football albeit Pioneer.

I do like your idea.

Summit League:

NDSU
    UND
    SDSU
    USD
    Western Ill
    UNI
    ISU R
    ISU B
    Missouri St.

MVC
    Loyola
    Bradley
    Evansville
    Drake
    Omaha
    Ft. Wayne
    Denver
    IUPUI
    Oral Roberts
    JD, this is common sense; be careful.....