Page 60 of 60 FirstFirst ... 1050585960

Thread: Wichita State to the American Athletic Conference?

Default Re: Wichita State to the American Athletic Conference?

Quote Originally Posted by No_Skill View Post
    Weak MVC team couldn't even get to the Championship game.

Seriously though, hell of a run for Loyola. Imagine if that was NDSU ...wow.

They accomplished more than Creighton ad UNI did in recent years and even Witchita only made the Final 4 once in recent years.i knew they were a solid team but damn, that shocked everyone

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by No_Skill View Post
    Weak MVC team couldn't even get to the Championship game.

Seriously though, hell of a run for Loyola. Imagine if that was NDSU ...wow.

I dream of winning the lottery too.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by BisonAccountant44 View Post
    That's kinda my point. There are a ton of transplants living there, and they all go to their bars to watch their games. You'll find 10 Michigan or Ohio State bars for every 1 Illinois bar. Hell, I can think of multiple Ole Miss bars off the top of my head, but I don't know of a single Northwestern bar in the city. Plus there is no media coverage for college sports in town. People complain about Gopher coverage here on the Fan but they easily get 10x what Northwestern or UoI or Notre Dame do on the Score.

DePaul is a nuisance at best to anyone living in that part of town and they play men's bball 15+ miles from campus, but people know its there. The only reason I even knew that Loyola was in the area when I lived there was I knew someone in the medical school. Until then, I thought the only two Loyola's were in LA and Baltimore.

If you're a Chicago local you're a pro fan, and if you're a transplant you're a fan of your alma mater, and I don't think that's changing.
    Funny you say that. Carson Shanks transferred there from UND for his senior season this year. Said he had never heard of another Loyola, besides the one in California, before he was recruited there.

https://www.tribstar.com/sports/loca...d58925151.html

Since WSU departure, little article on the state of "The Valley"

Elgin seems like Douple...incompetent
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant