Page 45 of 60 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread: Wichita State to the American Athletic Conference?

Default Re: Wichita State to the American Athletic Conference?

The sad thing about the UNI poster on the MVC board is that for the most part he is correct. The MVC football playing schools don't need the dakotas to have a stable league. They could (if so desired) completely shut out the the 4 dakota schools that then we would be up sh!ts creek.

The Summit (as it stands now and possible in the future if dominoes continue to fall) is NOT a strong stable conference. As much as i'd love it to be stable, 4 teams that are isolated in geography but with other schools that are essentially transient and have HUGE financial problems is problematic.

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    I know when I Think big time Murray St pops into my head as a true Power house....lol

The rationales used by the MVC school fans for who and who not to consider are comical, but sadly they seem to be on par with the closed minded Presidents of their Universities..
    Murray St is appealing in BB. Would be a terrible football addition. The Dakota schools would be great additions for the Horizon or MVC. However, travel isnt ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    I'm sure he was against adding the xDSU's to the MVFC for the same reasons. Now he is butthurt.
    I can actually respect most of the private school fans, they don't like the geography of the Dakotas. Which is fair.

The UNI guy is acting like UNI is North Carolina compared to NDSU or SDSU and the MVC is the freaking ACC. I about lost it when he compared adding the XDSU's to the MVC to the MVFC adding Drake.

The is reality neither school is that far from where UNI was at not even a decade ago.

I also have no idea why he keeps on posting that Weber State and SUU are going to join the Summit and start Summit football, neither of those schools is ever going to leave the Big Sky. He's all worked about Summit football and NDSU making some kind of powerplay when there has been zero indication that is even close to happening.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Back to the expansion topic, I think the original report of the MVC going to 11 with Murray and Valpo may end up right. A few other schools have gotten some steam but I don't think that league is going to find a suitable 12th that they all can agree on.

Travel is such a joke coming from UNI fans. Is UNI some tropical paradise? Do they realize that Witchita and Creighton were the furthest away from anyone?

Distance - UNI to Murray 565 miles
    Distance UNI to Fargo 449
    Distance from UNI to Valpo 346

Google... Does Murray Kentucky have an airport?
    The closest major airport to Murray, Kentucky is Barkley Regional Airport (PAH / KPAH). This airport is in Paducah, Kentucky and is 55 miles from the center of Murray, KY.

Cedar Falls has had an average annual snowfall of 35.3 inches over the last 30 years, which is 12.9 inches more than the national average (22.4 inches). 72% of Cedar Falls's snow fell during the winter months.

Valparaiso has had an average annual snowfall of 40.3 inches over the last 30 years, which is 17.9 inches more than the national average (22.4 inches). 83% of Valparaiso's snow fell during the winter months.

Fargo has had an average annual snowfall of 50.1 inches over the last 30 years, which is 124% more than the national average (22.4 inches). 59% of Fargo's snow fell during the winter months. The record snowfall was 18.4 inches on January 07, 1989 - about average for snowfall records.

And we all know Illinois, Iowa, and Indiana all have shitty winters and they already have to travel there... unless of course they fly like most teams. Outside of basketball we dont even have that many winter sports that require travel in the crappy months

lame excuse... we intersect on 2 major interstate highways and have an airport 5 minutes from all our sports facilities

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

It is more the private school fans that are arguing about travel, the UNI fan is arguing that we are committed to only football and will never be good enough to compete in the all-mighty MVC.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    If Murray State joins, we've let the MVFC become a joke.

There is ZERO reason for the conference to have more than 9 members.
    Well the Summit League is pretty much completely to blame for the MVFC being at 11 members, that said if MVFC didn't add USD I'm not sure that the Summit League would even exist right now.

I do agree we are moving towards being a Midwestern Big Sky and not much can be done about it.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Well the Summit League is pretty much completely to blame for the MVFC being at 11 members, that said if MVFC didn't add USD I'm not sure that the Summit League would even exist right now.

I do agree we are moving towards being a Midwestern Big Sky and not much can be done about it.
    I was scoffed at earlier for my last post about USD's entrance into the MVFC. USD got in because we were the lynchpin holding the Summit, and by extension MVFC together. If USD was allowed to go to the BSC it was just a matter of time before the XDSU's would have been right there with us because the Summit was going down if that happened. It is nice to see that at least one Bison fans agrees with me.

Adding Murray State to the MVFC is bad enough but there was a poster over there advocating for SEMO to the MVC/MVFC. His reasoning, just to put us in our place, that the MVC would then hold all the power and would be insulated from anything the Dakota schools could do. In that situation we wouldn't be able to convince enough to come with us and wouldn't have enough to break off on our own, but the MVC schools would be just fine no matter what happened. We would be forever in limbo.

We are fast approaching the point in our D1 existence where the Dakota schools need to start dictating terms and shaping our own futures, as opposed to allowing others to make moves that negatively effect our futures. This latest dust-up with the MVC is such a thing. Shuffling goes on that has ripple effects we cannot control. Time for our presidents and AD's to get down to the business of putting together a conference that is the unequivocal leader in FCS football and one that rises to the top of the mid-major basketball world. Doing so might cause some collateral damage but that isn't going to be our problem. If UNI wants in, that is fine, but I do think our future lies west with the Montanas & Idahos, with some variation of UNC, EWU , or other in there to round out the football side of the conference with Denver and Omaha as non-football members.

Keith Brake had a great show today on Bison 1660. He had a Murray State writer on the air today.
    https://soundcloud.com/user-74421198...24th-full-show

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Yote 53 View Post
    If UNI wants in, that is fine, but I do think our future lies west with the Montanas & Idahos, with some variation of UNC, EWU , or other in there to round out the football side of the conference with Denver and Omaha as non-football members.
    I would be for it but I'm not sure Montana wants to leave their comfy fluffy Big Sky home anytime soon. If that school had more ambition they would probably be in the MWC by now.