Page 32 of 60 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: Wichita State to the American Athletic Conference?

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Default Re: Wichita State to the American Athletic Conference?

What ever conference NDSU is in will be the better conference.*

*I pressed the period button really hard.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    Few random thoughts:

I have a hard time believing the Horizon would be looking at adding Denver or Omaha. I also have a hard time believing Denver or Omaha would be interested in the kind of travel the Horizon would require.

IPFW and/or IUPUI make the most sense.

With the addition of UND, the Summit is at 11. We could lose 1 or even 2 and be OK. It was only a couple years ago we survived at 7. Losing up to 2 teams wouldn't be great, but we wouldn't be on the verge of imploding.
    Horizon would probably stay in the Great Lakes region, the Indiana schools arent too appeasing but make sense geography wise. The Horizon also is filled with non fball schools other than Youngstown
    Last edited by ndsubison1; 04-09-2017 at 07:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    I'm not sure Denver would support GCU or UVU joining the Summit, part of the reason why the joined the Summit was to get away from schools that are kind of questionable academically and GCU is a for profit school.

I have no idea what UMKC's deal is, there is an article out today saying they are hemorrhaging cash in the WAC because of travel and now want into the Valley to save money. They must think they are above the Summit since coming back was never mentioned as a possibility.
    They are trying to put themselves on a pedestal to convince the MO Valley they are legit. Problem is they are not. They had a decent season last year but overall it's a pretty average program who fills a spot and is irrelevant in a big market ane draws 1200 fans most nights. Now New Mexico State would draw some fans

Leaving the Summit was a stupid decision. Maybe they didn't realize the wac had zero original teams and was the great west. It's a pig with lip stick.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    They are trying to put themselves on a pedestal to convince the MO Valley they are legit. Problem is they are not. They had a decent season last year but overall it's a pretty average program who fills a spot and is irrelevant in a big market ane draws 1200 fans most nights. Now New Mexico State would draw some fans

Leaving the Summit was a stupid decision. Maybe they didn't realize the wac had zero original teams and was the great west. It's a pig with lip stick.
    UMKC's Wikipedia page says that a major reason why they left the Summit was because the Summit wanted to call them 'Kansas City' and not 'UMKC'. Doubt it's true but it's still hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    UMKC's Wikipedia page says that a major reason why they left the Summit was because the Summit wanted to call them 'Kansas City' and not 'UMKC'. Doubt it's true but it's still hilarious
    Yeah alrighty then. I'm sure everyone knows what UMKC stands for. /purple font. I think hearing Omaha and Fort Wayne sounds a hell of a lot more impressive than university of Nebraska Omaha or uno. Makes me think of the card game. Ipfw it took me 3 years to remember that one and I still occasionally mix them up with iupui that I'm pretty sure stands for Indiana university Purdue University Indianapolis... Or is it Indiana?

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

It is Indiana.

The U of Indianapolis is why IUPUI isn't able to call themselves Indianapolis.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Yeah alrighty then. I'm sure everyone knows what UMKC stands for. /purple font. I think hearing Omaha and Fort Wayne sounds a hell of a lot more impressive than university of Nebraska Omaha or uno. Makes me think of the card game. Ipfw it took me 3 years to remember that one and I still occasionally mix them up with iupui that I'm pretty sure stands for Indiana university Purdue University Indianapolis... Or is it Indiana?
    How can you get the two of them confused? They're both part of the same university system, they just chose to acronym their names differently.

Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis
    Indiana University-Purdue University Fort Wayne

Understandable to chose different acronyms as the other choices were worse:

IUPUI or IPI
    IPFW or IUPUFW

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

We we be smart to target someone closer to Omaha and Denver because they would be the geographic glue that holds the conference together. The further east you go you are just becoming a developmental league for the Horizon or MVC.
    northern colorado?
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.

If you go west NMSU is the team to add, I would love to trade the eastern flank for a western flank.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

New Mexico St is a must at this point. Not great geography wise, but Denver and ORU are down there. There's nobody better we could get (that's if they'd want to)