Page 26 of 60 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Wichita State to the American Athletic Conference?

Default Re: Wichita State to the American Athletic Conference?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    I guess per "industry sources" NDSU is getting a look...

http://www.newschannel5.com/sports/m...hould-stay-put
    Could be true, but IMO the writer loses credibility when he says that we're already in the MVC for football. The MVFC is a separate entity...

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I dunno, I agree the MVC is better for basketball but the Summit has been good to us, and nobody seems to be talking about the other sports. How do they compare? What would it mean for T&F, Softball, and Baseball?

And I find it hard to believe NDSU would seriously consider the MVC without a Dakota partner as that report states. That would be UND-type thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    I dunno, I agree the MVC is better for basketball but the Summit has been good to us, and nobody seems to be talking about the other sports. How do they compare? What would it mean for T&F, Softball, and Baseball?

And I find it hard to believe NDSU would seriously consider the MVC without a Dakota partner as that report states. That would be UND-type thinking.
    why do we need the other Dakota schools if they want to stay in the Summit?
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    why do we need the other Dakota schools if they want to stay in the Summit?
    Eventually it won't exist after the other conferences poach all the teams so we would be a step ahead of the game.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

While I love the tourney in Sioux falls, probably keeps SDSU from moving with us. Damn

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    While I love the tourney in Sioux falls, probably keeps SDSU from moving with us. Damn
    Did I miss the invite? I thought the meeting wasn't until the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    i don't think they would be that dumb, but first we have to actually get invited before we proclaim we are moving

BTW, It official WSU gone

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/s...state-shockers

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    Track is clearly not competing in the right conference (http://www.gobison.com/) and I suspect the same is true of softball. I’ve been on planes coming into Fargo carrying other Summit teams and I’ve chatted the athletes. They openly complain that NDSU is too good to be in the Summit and it is demoralizing.

I like the idea of competing with more of the MVFC teams in BB, but I also understand that change is hard and risk is scary. However, if an MVC invite comes – and I am skeptical that it will – it would be hard to turn down.

If NDSU/SDSU jump together, it becomes an absolute no-brainer.

So when does the amendment come from the legislature trying to say NDSU can't go anywhere without moving with UND. They only have a few days left to try and slip it in.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    So when does the amendment come from the legislature trying to say NDSU can't go anywhere without moving with UND. They only have a few days left to try and slip it in.
    Too busy with nursing school and gun bills