Page 50 of 60 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: Wichita State to the American Athletic Conference?

Default Re: Wichita State to the American Athletic Conference?

Quote Originally Posted by Yote 53 View Post
    Seems like kind of a joke, but this western conference we are all talking about would more than likely end up at the "2nd level" once the P5 split happens. In effect, we are talking about a powerful G5/high mid-major conference.

I have no idea why the Montanas would not want in on this action. I'm excited just thinking about the possibility. This conference would carve up the West and be a solid 3rd conference behind the PAC and MWC. Might even rival the MWC someday, given enough time.
    It won't happen though, unless some serious shit goes down
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I think if the Dak 4 could get the Montana's and Idaho's on board we could have a new conference. Question is how does forming a new conference work? What are the legalities with autobids and such?
    For this discussion it is more about the eastern schools moving on and using the Summit as the foundation to build the new conference. Otherwise a new conference would face a waiting period for autobids, which would be a big issue for every sport except football and wrestling.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

I just don't see the interest in going west. The Big Sky is a horrible basketball conference, and travel would suck. What does Montana, Montana St., Idaho? etc. bring to the table?

I can see if desperate times call for desperate matters, but the Summit hasn't lost anyone yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacks02 View Post
    I just don't see the interest in going west. The Big Sky is a horrible basketball conference, and travel would suck. What does Montana, Montana St., Idaho? etc. bring to the table?

I can see if desperate times call for desperate matters, but the Summit hasn't lost anyone yet.
    West is the only direction the conference can really move in the future.

Montana, Montana State and Idaho are schools like us. There is stability in shared values, the Summit League schools have too many varied interests and that same issue is taking hold in the MVFC.

Big Sky basketball is horrible but it is bad because they have a lot of weak programs.
    Last edited by NDSUstudent; 04-25-2017 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacks02 View Post

Where else would you go? none of the Southland schools are interesting and I sure don't want to wait around for mankato, Duluth, Augie, or other possible D2 jump ups. Which isn't happening in MN anyway

Dom Izzo‏
    @DomIzzoWDAY

CBS Sports reporting that Missouri Valley Conference officials will be at Omaha tomorrow for a site visit. Summit may lose one after all.
    https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/stat...03727856775169

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    West is the only direction the conference can really move in the future.

Montana, Montana State and Idaho are schools like us. There is stability in shared values, the Summit League schools have too many varied interests and that same issue is taking hold in the MVFC.

Big Sky basketball is horrible but it is bad because they have a lot of weak programs.

Yep we're not going south. We're not going east because the MVC is a bunch of douche bags and the only option left is the Horizon who is going to be in just as bad of shape as we are after they lose 2 of their best teams. We kind of have to go west

Reality is many of the Big Sky states are similar in the fact that we are limited by geography. They also are committed to football and want to spend money on it. Most of the Dakota and Montana schools are big time draws and have similar challenges and goals. Between the 6 schools there are a shit load of rivals

I mean right now in football it's basically the 4 Dakota schools, UNI and then well get to play the only other good teams Youngstown and Illinois State what every so often if they split it up when they add the ultra shitty Murray State and we go 2 divisions. So basically we would be trading UNI for the Montana schools

Yes the Big Sky sucks in basketball but by adding 4 solid Dakota schools it suddenly looks pretty good. I mean the Dakota schools are the Summit. One of the schools will win the conference championship or make the big dance every single year. Who is our best rival outside of the Dakota schools? ORU? From what it sounds like they are going down the shitter and their team basically sucks now. Denver? Yeah they are ok. IUPUI and IPFW who draws as well as my kids t-ball game. WIU? Sorry dont want to compete with teams that play in an arena that isn't even as nice as a high school gym. The rest of the teams are not big rivals.

Like the poster said earlier.. we need to take control of what we do and not let these assholes dictate where we go. Having all 4 Dakota schools gives us that ability now. it's not like the early days where we had stupid nickname issues, half the teams in D2, and one team out of 4 in a different conference.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Summit Super League

East:
    NDSU
    UND
    SDSU
    USD
    Omaha ?
    Northern Colorado

West
    Montana St
    Montana
    Denver
    Idaho
    Idaho St
    Eastern Washington
    Last edited by ndsubison1; 04-26-2017 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Summit Super Conference

East:
    NDSU
    UND
    SDSU
    USD
    Omaha ?
    Northern Colorado

West
    Montana St
    Montana
    Denver
    Idaho
    Idaho St
    Eastern Washington
    Would do this in a heart beat, maybe even keep ORU if omaha isn't an option, or would hope for NMST to realize they are what they are in Football

Facts is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

It wouldn't take long for the above proposed conference to be on par or surpass the mountain west. Schools like Wyoming actually would fit pretty well in this group too...
    Go Bison.