Page 46 of 60 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: Wichita State to the American Athletic Conference?

Default Re: Wichita State to the American Athletic Conference?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    I would be for it but I'm not sure Montana wants to leave their comfy fluffy Big Sky home anytime soon. If that school had more ambition they would probably be in the MWC by now.
    They may entertain the idea if the right schools aligned, I don't think they are excited about suu, unc psu, etc...but anything would probably need NMST, Denver, Idaho involved
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    They may entertain the idea if the right schools aligned, I don't think they are excited about suu, unc psu, etc...but anything would probably need NMST, Denver, Idaho involved
    You could build a great conference quickly...All of these schools are in conferences that are ok but bring them together...

NDSU-UND
    SDSU-USD
    Omaha-Denver

Montana-Montana State
    Idaho-EWU
    NMSU-Weber State

That is a legit basketball and football league, with stability that we would not have to worry about conference realignment, in fact that conference might have schools like UNI pounding on our door.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

You could build a great conference quickly...All of these schools are in conferences that are ok but bring them together...

NDSU-UND
    SDSU-USD
    Omaha-Denver

Montana-Montana State
    Idaho-EWU
    NMSU-Weber State

That is a legit basketball and football league, with stability that we would not have to worry about conference realignment, in fact that conference might have schools like UNI pounding on our door.
    That truly would be a great conference in both sports.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

NDSU-UND
    SDSU-USD
    Omaha-Denver

Montana-Montana State
    Idaho-EWU
    NMSU-Weber State

about as lame as the NCC
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

NDSU-UND
    SDSU-USD
    Omaha-Denver

Montana-Montana State
    Idaho-EWU
    NMSU-Weber State

Would be a fun conference for sure, I love the mvfc but if the MVC is going to be bitches I say fuck them
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

NDSU-UND
    SDSU-USD
    Omaha-Denver

Montana-Montana State
    Idaho-EWU
    NMSU-Weber State

You know... I actually kind of like it. We're talking a mega stable conference and damn some pretty kick ass rivals in that group.

I think Yote 53 is right. The Dakota schools as a group could go wherever they choose if they are unified

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

NDSU-UND
    SDSU-USD
    Omaha-Denver

Montana-Montana State
    Idaho-EWU
    NMSU-Weber State

I like it. For strength and footprint, I would replace NMSU with Idaho St., but it would certainly check the hoops/football boxes. How much would travel budgets be impacted by traveling to Idaho vs. IUPUIAAUUEEWWW?

The Valley has lined up 4 visits....

Dave Reynolds‏Verified account
    @DaveReynolds2

Sources have told me that Valley officials visited Murray State Monday, is at Valparaiso today and has visits set for Milwaukee and Omaha.
    https://twitter.com/DaveReynolds2/st...78990916816896

Omaha? Not good, but Omaha would exit at the same time UND comes in so a net loss of zero there.

Ok, you know I will stick up for Omaha because they are one of ours, but Omaha? Really? They don't exactly scream Valley material to me, not today anyway.

Milwaukee? Wasn't their program on some kind of academic probation or something? And the basketball team has been terrible?

So is the MVC only concern having a nice, tight, little bus league? Seems that way. Screams "SmallTime" to me. Not even sure I would want to get involved with that conference with how they've been handling their expansion moves. Instead of going out and getting the best and the up and comers to first requirement is "can you bus there within 3 hours".

Murray and Valpo are solid adds...their problem seems to be with #12.

Omaha would be a horrible addition and Milwaukee has some issues but at least with them I can see the potential. They were good under Ryan and Pearl but lately their admin has been incompetent.

Problem if Omaha is added, the Horizon will still move and add at least one school.