Page 30 of 60 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: Wichita State to the American Athletic Conference?

Default Re: Wichita State to the American Athletic Conference?

I think with the addition of UND, the Summit has set itself up for a spell of stability. What drives me to think this is the non-revenue sports. Why would we move to the MVC, which is trending downward with the exit of Creighton and WSU, and increase our expenses by flying our non-revenue sports around when we can bus them in the Summit? With us selling out the Dome in football, that revenue, which helps covers the expense of the non-revenue sports, is relatively maxed out and any incidental increase will be dwarfed in comparison to the increase in cost of flying the non-revenue sports around to MVC conference mates.

Until we build a bigger stadium, I don't see us straying far from the other Dakota schools athletically simply for the reason of cost containment.

When we joined the MVFC, it was considered something of a power in the FCS. The big powers were the SoCon with GA Southern and App State and the Big Sky with Montana. We changed that by making the MVFC THEE power conference. What's to say we can not do that with the Summit with the Dakota schools putting money in their facilities while the schools of the MVC not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonCardinal View Post
    I think with the addition of UND, the Summit has set itself up for a spell of stability. What drives me to think this is the non-revenue sports. Why would we move to the MVC, which is trending downward with the exit of Creighton and WSU, and increase our expenses by flying our non-revenue sports around when we can bus them in the Summit? With us selling out the Dome in football, that revenue, which helps covers the expense of the non-revenue sports, is relatively maxed out and any incidental increase will be dwarfed in comparison to the increase in cost of flying the non-revenue sports around to MVC conference mates.

Until we build a bigger stadium, I don't see us straying far from the other Dakota schools athletically simply for the reason of cost containment.

When we joined the MVFC, it was considered something of a power in the FCS. The big powers were the SoCon with GA Southern and App State and the Big Sky with Montana. We changed that by making the MVFC THEE power conference. What's to say we can not do that with the Summit with the Dakota schools putting money in their facilities while the schools of the MVC not so much.
    Did that have anything to do with App st and Georgia Southern leaving maybe???

What's to say we can not do that with the Summit with the Dakota schools putting money in their facilities while the schools of the MVC not so much.
    NDSU would currently be dead last in budget if they were in the MVC. We're not even in he top half of the Summit. I would be for taking a huge chunk from the football program to offset that a bit, but I'm sure I'm in the minority on thwt.

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    NDSU would currently be dead last in budget if they were in the MVC. We're not even in he top half of the Summit. I would be for taking a huge chunk from the football program to offset that a bit, but I'm sure I'm in the minority on thwt.
    Surely Milky you don't understand how NCAA ball money works...

I'll give ten bucks to anyone who knows how much WSU's success earns the average MVC school

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    I'll give ten bucks to anyone who knows how much WSU's success earns the average MVC school
    This year, a little less than $345k.

WSU was responsible for 13 shares over the last 6 years. I discounted 2 shares when WSU won the MVC autobid since the Valley would have received those shares anyway. For 2017, the value of a share is $264,859. So multiply by 13 and divide by 10.

edit: I missed a share. Figures corrected.
    Last edited by Hammersmith; 04-08-2017 at 03:58 AM.

The travel would be no worse in the mvc
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    That number will go up just from the increased attendance, increased Teammakers revenue, and vendor revenue from the SHAC. It will make a world of difference. Heck the last 2 years we had to pay rent to the Scheels Arena when we were technically homeless. We also had to rent a weight room and office space just to run our athletic department.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    If Murray State is added, I'll bet they bring football to the MVFC. The OVC isn't going to keep Murray State as football only. Murray State will set that as a condition to joining the MVC.

Do you see NDSU objecting to adding Murray State? Or have we already used up our chips by cramming UND down everyone's throat? There would be great irony if it turns out that our support for UND enabled Murray State to join the MVC/MVFC and thereby undermined our own chances of getting into the MVC.
    Gives the conference 12 teams which is a better number and gives Youngstown a bus trip every 2 years but what value does a mediocre team from a mediocre conference that hasn't made the playoffs in 15 years bring to the MVFC? Huge attendance? No they average like 6k fans. Facilities? No. Garbage program. Hi would hope EVERY non basketball team votes no in the MVFC. We don't need another non committed team who lowers the profile of the conference.

It's actually kind of insulting that they would think it's OK to get a shitty football program in exchange for a decent but not spectacular basketball program (rpi 230) when you have existing conference teams who would likely be interested.
    Last edited by HerdBot; 04-08-2017 at 05:33 AM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

matt larson and dean bresciani better be on the phones 24/7 this weekend calling MVC pres and ads reminding them how NDSU FOOTBALL subsidizes thier football conference and boosts thier attendences and get us into the MVC.

IF they arent doing these calls they should be fired!

ps NDSU should go alone. leave sdsu with usd... itd be a smart strategic move!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?