Page 28 of 60 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: Wichita State to the American Athletic Conference?

Default Re: Wichita State to the American Athletic Conference?

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    They also have a deal with ESPN for the entire conference tournament, ESPN3 and some other games. Also many teams have media deals for regional sport networks
    How many games on actual ESPN network channels or is it the same as our current ESPN3 deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    How many games on actual ESPN network channels or is it the same as our current ESPN3 deal?
    every conference tournament game is on espn. It's on a a better time slot too. They also get 10 games between ESPN2 and ESPNU in addition to Fox Sports Midwest. The thing is many teams in the conference have TV deals like we have with regional sports networks so when we're on the road for a non espn game, we still get lots of eyeballs. Shit... I had to watch Omaha on my computer and pay for it with high school level production

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I encourage those who think the summit and MVC are on the same level to take a look at conference Sagarin ratings for the past 5 years. The Summit without the XDSU's is not a good conference. Even with WSU leaving, the MVC is a great mid-major conference. Ask every team in the Summit if they would take an invite to the MVC, and then ask every team in the MVC if they would take an invitation to the summit. Which conference would have more teams want to stay?

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled View Post
    The MVC with Wichita or without?
    Either or. You take WSU out of the conference the Summit still doesn't have anything over them to sell. If they do I would like to hear it. If you took WSU out, and even UNI, I would still like to hear what selling point avantages someone would think the Summit has over the MVC.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    http://www.mvc-sports.com/mbasketbal.../#.WOfkj_nyu70

So according to this there are only 8 regular season games on CBSSports and the semi-finals of the tourney with the championship on CBS. So what are the odds NDSU even gets a game televised on there? Doesn't seem like a huge upgrade in exposure to me. Would be curious to see how much money is involved.
    If there is $1 involved, that is already more than their current deal, which they don't get anything.

National exposure > ESPN3 every day of the week. If the football team rejected a deal that showed them on CBS for 3-4 games a year, they would have to be absolute morons.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    They also have a deal with ESPN for the entire conference tournament, ESPN3 and some other games. Also many teams have media deals for regional sport networks
    I owuld imagine they would get just as much, if not more games on ESPN3 that NDSU gets, and that obviously doesn't include the games on CBS.

ive watched conference MVC games on ESPN, never seen a Summit conference game on National TV primetime
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Jon Rothstein of CBS says the MVC is targeting Valpo and Murray State to form an 11-team league.

https://www.fanragsports.com/news/mv...tes-departure/

If they take Valpo, who does the Horizon try to poach from the Summit?
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    Jon Rothstein of CBS says the MVC is targeting Valpo and Murray State to form an 11-team league.

https://www.fanragsports.com/news/mv...tes-departure/

If they take Valpo, who does the Horizon try to poach from the Summit?
    The Horizon likes big markets...So IUPUI, Denver, Omaha or maybe IPFW. That said the question with the Horizon is how many do they add?
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    The Horizon likes big markets...So IUPUI, Denver, Omaha or maybe IPFW. That said the question with the Horizon is how many do they add?
    If they stick to the Indiana schools, I'll be relieved. Although, I'm not sure who we turn to for replacements.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.