Page 27 of 60 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Wichita State to the American Athletic Conference?

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Wichita State to the American Athletic Conference?

Baseball, Softball, and Volleyball teams out of the MVC routinely get at large bids to their respective NCAA tournaments. That will never happen in the Summit. Basketball is down in the MVC, and likely for good. However, it can be improved enough that they could occasionally get an at large birth. Again, never gonna happen in the Summit. If SDSU f**ks on this because of the greedy little Sioux Falls tournament, then we will have no choice but to eventually go FBS and leave them behind. Hopefully to the MAC with UNI.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    Track is clearly not competing in the right conference (http://www.gobison.com/) and I suspect the same is true of softball. I’ve been on planes coming into Fargo carrying other Summit teams and I’ve chatted the athletes. They openly complain that NDSU is too good to be in the Summit and it is demoralizing.

I like the idea of competing with more of the MVFC teams in BB, but I also understand that change is hard and risk is scary. However, if an MVC invite comes – and I am skeptical that it will – it would be hard to turn down.

If NDSU/SDSU jump together, it becomes an absolute no-brainer.
    What have we done like an ten peat or something? And we have Olympians and all americans so we could help boost them

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I say move up at any chance if you can get in a better conference. Ndsu belongs in a Mvc conference and would love to see us be a top team there. No doubt recruiting would improve. No?

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    I say move up at any chance if you can get in a better conference. Ndsu belongs in a Mvc conference and would love to see us be a top team there. No doubt recruiting would improve. No?
    Recruiting would improve big time. All the players know the teams in MVC. When your talking Summit league they need to google it to see what teams are in the conference and even after they google it, they have to figure what the heck IUPUI stands for.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Recruiting would improve big time. All the players know the teams in MVC. When your talking Summit league they need to google it to see what teams are in the conference and even after they google it, they have to figure what the heck IUPUI stands for.
    Players know the top teams in the MVC. Some of which are moving on. The bottom of the MVC isn't very good.

We would have a major selling point to recruits in the MVC. National Exposure and coverage on CBS. Might seem smalltime but that is a big selling point to kids in comparison to if it isn't there at all. I personally don't think we even get a serious consideration but I can dream. There is absolutely nothing in terms of selling a recruit that the Summit has that the MVC doesn't. Unless you're talking about a weaker conference meaning a better chance to get the auto bid but that doesn't sell.

I would be curious how many MVC programs lose recruits to programs in the Summit. Less than 50%? Advantage MVC.

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    We would have a major selling point to recruits in the MVC. National Exposure and coverage on CBS. Might seem smalltime but that is a big selling point to kids in comparison to if it isn't there at all. I personally don't think we even get a serious consideration but I can dream. There is absolutely nothing in terms of selling a recruit that the Summit has that the MVC doesn't. Unless you're talking about a weaker conference meaning a better chance to get the auto bid but that doesn't sell.

I would be curious how many MVC programs lose recruits to programs in the Summit. Less than 50%? Advantage MVC.
    The MVC with Wichita or without?

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post

What's the TV deal like? How many Bison games will be on CBS? How much will NDSU get money wise? Will it interfere with the current NDSU TV deal?

http://www.mvc-sports.com/mbasketbal.../#.WOfkj_nyu70

So according to this there are only 8 regular season games on CBSSports and the semi-finals of the tourney with the championship on CBS. So what are the odds NDSU even gets a game televised on there? Doesn't seem like a huge upgrade in exposure to me. Would be curious to see how much money is involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    http://www.mvc-sports.com/mbasketbal.../#.WOfkj_nyu70

So according to this there are only 8 regular season games on CBSSports and the semi-finals of the tourney with the championship on CBS. So what are the odds NDSU even gets a game televised on there? Doesn't seem like a huge upgrade in exposure to me. Would be curious to see how much money is involved.
    They also have a deal with ESPN for the entire conference tournament, ESPN3 and some other games. Also many teams have media deals for regional sport networks