Page 8 of 60 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: Wichita State to the American Athletic Conference?

Default Re: Wichita State to the American Athletic Conference?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    BTW Sagarin and Kenpom paint different pictures. Both are vastly superior at evaluating teams and conferences.

Sure they are.

Kenpom has Wichita State as the number eight team in the country, yet they were seeded #10 (~#40). Another reason to get the hell out of the MVC.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    Where is it today? Pissed off and trending downward.
    Here's an NCAA tournament between the 2. I'll exclude WSU since they are leaving.

Illinois State - 3 round of 32 appearances
    Southern Illinois - 3 sweet 16 appearances, 1 round of 32 appearances
    UNI - 1 sweet 16 appearance, 3 round of 32 appearances
    Loyola - 1 Final 4 appearance, 2 sweet 16 appearances
    Bradley - 2 final 4 appearances, 2 sweet 16 appearances
    Missouri St - 1 sweet 16 appearance
    Evansville - 1 round of 32 appearance
    Drake - 1 Final Four, 2 elite 8's
    Indiana St - 1 Final four, 1 round of 32

These don't include how often they made tournament and lost in first round

Summit Conference
    South Dakota - no appearances
    NDSU - 1 round of 32, 3 total tournament appearances
    Omaha - no appearances
    SDSU - 4 total appearances
    IPFW - no tournament appearances
    Denver - no tournament appearances
    IUPUI - 1 tournament appearances
    Western Illinois - no tournament appearances
    Oral Roberts - 1 Elite Eight, 5 total appearances

Summit's a pretty nice smaller conference, but it has a long ways to go on so many levels to be anywhere close to the MVC.

What's your point? That the private schools are overpaying for losing programs? I agree.
    Yes, and that Summit can't afford anything better thwan what it is now. That's why the best coach in the Summit conference wants to go to bottom dwelling Drake of the MVC.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    I don't really get why people think the Summit has all this upward potential. I do agree the MVC is trending down but I can remember UNI making the sweet 16 and SIU making the sweet 16...these programs aren't exactly chopped liver. For the most part they've all done some things and made some noise.

Omaha, UND and UNO are hockey schools. They are all fine in hoops but they are always going to be putting more resources to a different sport that competes directly with hoops.

WIU, IPFW and IUPUI are what they are. Schools with limited budgets and not much support and honestly ORU is kind of trending in this direction sadly.

The Summit is the island of misfit toys, we make the best of it but I think people are getting a bit carried away.

I wish the MVFC could form into some kind of all-sports league but that is just a dream.
    And yet UNO would have had the third highest RPI after WSU and ISUr this year.

And UND would have been fourth.

Damn hockey schools.

It's like a middle-aged man who yearns for his high school crush even though her tits are sagging and she's lost her two front teeth.

Love the one you're with, man. Love the one you're with.

This year the MVC has an RPI of 12 and the Summitt has an RPI of 18 in a year when UNI was below 500. Of course if you take the top Summit teams away it's not even close. Getting all the football schools together in the same conference would be a huge deal for everything. Heck we could even have a conference Championship game on a weekend.

If the old high school crush is ugly than our current girl is a guy in a dress with a wig and a dick.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I bet if we were in the Summit our MBB attendance would be higher

I know for a fact I would much rather watch UNI than WIU or Ooypooy
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    I bet if we were in the Summit our MBB attendance would be higher

I know for a fact I would much rather watch UNI than WIU or Ooypooy
    WSU should have a preseason top 10 team coming back. Could you imagine seeing that matchup in Fargo? Place may even sell out.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    This year the MVC has an RPI of 12 and the Summitt has an RPI of 18 in a year when UNI was below 500. Of course if you take the top Summit teams away it's not even close.
    If you take out one team MVC team (ya know the one that is planning on leaving), they are the same. You take out the top two teams (that both got shafted by being in the MVC), the Summit is better. You take out the top four MVC teams (that are wondering if the conference has a future for them) and it's not even close.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

If you take out one team MVC team (ya know the one that is planning on leaving), they are the same. You take out the top two teams (that both got shafted by being in the MVC), the Summit is better. You take out the top four MVC teams (that are wondering if the conference has a future for them) and it's not even close.
    Trying to come up with an analogy for what you just said... I'll try football because it sounds funnier

If you take out Ohio State, Michigan State, and Michigan out of the Big Ten East... it's better than the Big Ten West. If you take out Ohio State, Michigan State, Michigan, AND Penn State out of the Big Ten East... it's not even close. The West is way better.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    Here's an NCAA tournament between the 2. I'll exclude WSU since they are leaving.

Illinois State - 3 round of 32 appearances
    Southern Illinois - 3 sweet 16 appearances, 1 round of 32 appearances
    UNI - 1 sweet 16 appearance, 3 round of 32 appearances
    Loyola - 1 Final 4 appearance, 2 sweet 16 appearances
    Bradley - 2 final 4 appearances, 2 sweet 16 appearances
    Missouri St - 1 sweet 16 appearance
    Evansville - 1 round of 32 appearance
    Drake - 1 Final Four, 2 elite 8's
    Indiana St - 1 Final four, 1 round of 32
    It is 2017.

Loyola was in the Final Four in 1963. It joined the MVC in the last five years.

That carries exactly zero water today as do some of your other examples.

The MVC has been getting weaker for a decade and I don't need to wear sunglasses when looking into its future.

It is 2017.

Loyola was in the Final Four in 1963. It joined the MVC in the last five years.

That carries exactly zero water today as do some of your other examples.

The MVC has been getting weaker for a decade and I don't need to wear sunglasses when looking into its future.
    Pretty sure every Summit school would give their left nut and first born son to get into that weak-ass MVC.
    College of Business Alumnus