Page 49 of 60 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Thread: Wichita State to the American Athletic Conference?

Default Re: Wichita State to the American Athletic Conference?

Quote Originally Posted by goyotes View Post
    Horizon could also be in survival mode. If Milwaukee & Valpo head to the Valley, it kind of leaves Green Bay & Chicago on an island. Why not try to recruit both to the Summit?

Because they take IPFW and IUPUI instead. That's why.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    If that is the route MVC is taking it's obvious they're not considering their history which makes me even less want to join than I previously had. Summit/MVFC needs to pull a rabbit out of the hat which hopefully would combine a good footprint of 4-6 schools in the same conference for all sports (minus wrestling for NDSU/SDSU) and then somehow convince a few more to join up to round out the numbers.

I'm guessing MT is iffy they've been debating it on egrizz and many seem content to hang on with Big Sky. But if they did leave that probably automatically includes MtSU
    Tom Douple has guided the ship through allignment tumult very well up to this point, he's pulled several rabbits out of the hat the last 10 years. Each time the league was on the verge of crisis, the Summit got stronger. Hopefully that trend continues.

As we discuss the ridiculous. I don't think a league with NDSU and SDSU needs to worry about an autobid.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

If the MVC takes in Valpo and UWMilw from the Horizon, I'd expect the Horizon to go after IUPUI and IPFW*. That creates Summit troubles.

And if the MVC takes two, I'd expect a third to make 12 for them.
    Do they want Murray State (and have to deal with its FB program) or another BB only in Omaha (more Summit troubles)?

*Or is it PUFW?

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    My desire to join the MVC is dwindled because they are clearly a small time thinking conference who just wants to be stable and could care less about putting he best product on the field. In their delusional world, Omaha is the same as Creighton because they are in Omaha or they just want someone they view as an easy win. I'm actually getting less and less excited about all of our conferences in general. I want to be associated with a conference that wants to build something huge, not add blah programs like Murray, Omaha, and UMKC. And the football conference is thinking the same way. While these chumps would love to add Murray, I want to be in a conference that has teams that IMPROVE the conference. You know, teams that could actually win the whole thing.

I'm actually liking the idea of going west.
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksfan29 View Post
    I may not always agree with Bison posters, but the above is so spot on I just have to say.. BRAVO!!!! Our ADs need to look at this MVC process and ask ourselves where we want to be.
    It's pretty rare when myself, bunny fans, yote fans, and Lakes Bison all agree on the same thing.(thanks for the positive rep lakes)

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

This becoming a hugs and kisses thread??

Lol
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    This becoming a hugs and kisses thread??

Lol

I'll tell you this much. Outside of hockey, the 4 Dakota schools share similar goals and are pretty solid programs who WANT to invest in facilities and strengthen the core programs. (yep even UND with dropping womens hockey to commit to revenue sports) We all WANT to play good teams and compete against good programs. We all WANT to increase our budgets and put together good programs.

Reality is nothing is going to happen unless we stick together. Whether it's just a crappy version of the Summit, a Big Sky east, all of us going to the WAC, or going FBS which is what most of us want...

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I think if the Dak 4 could get the Montana's and Idaho's on board we could have a new conference. Question is how does forming a new conference work? What are the legalities with autobids and such?

Hell maybe we get siouxvolley to head the conference? FBS even, WAC BABY LET'S ROLL!

Seems like kind of a joke, but this western conference we are all talking about would more than likely end up at the "2nd level" once the P5 split happens. In effect, we are talking about a powerful G5/high mid-major conference.

I have no idea why the Montanas would not want in on this action. I'm excited just thinking about the possibility. This conference would carve up the West and be a solid 3rd conference behind the PAC and MWC. Might even rival the MWC someday, given enough time.