Page 15 of 60 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Wichita State to the American Athletic Conference?

Default Re: Wichita State to the American Athletic Conference?

Summit has never had an at large bid. There are a lot of things that would have to happen for them to get to the point of even having a team on the bubble.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    UNO to the Horizon? Denver was also mentioned as being coveted...This is why you go to the MVC if offered....Get us out of the bottom of the conference food chain...

http://www.omaha.com/sports/shatel-i...bd08ac62b.html
    I can see UNO moving up the basketball conference ladder rather quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    Summit has never had an at large bid. There are a lot of things that would have to happen for them to get to the point of even having a team on the bubble.
    Yeah, get out asap.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    Wasn't ORU in the last 4 out their last year before moving or was it Oakland? Whoever it was, and whichever year it was, that's was probably the closest the Summit will ever get to 2 bids.
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

taper is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Have to admit, I had not considered the serous blow this would be to MVC and how that may be good for the Summit. Can the Summit get good enough to ever be a two bid league? That should be the goal.
    MVC will be a consistent 1 bid league before the Summit gets a 2nd bid.

If the MVC looks at Omaha simply because it's a big market... these decision makers are ignorant. That's like saying... "Hey Chicago State is in Chicago so they have a TV audience of 20 million!" Nobody cares. Nobody even goes to Loyola games and Omaha is a poor mans version. Omaha is as much Nebraska as Moorhead State is Minnesota. They don't have a tradition like Creighton. You grab a so called small market team like SDSU or NDSU ... you get the entire state of North Dakota, South Dakota, Northern Nebraska, Western Minnesota, and even parts of Iowa. Heck Omaha couldn't even keep a football team because nobody went.

We really need to get the hell out of this conference.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Who said the MVC was looking at Omaha?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post

Go back a page there is a link. May be speculation though

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post

The article stated the Horizon is, but UNO has been mentioned elsewhere as a possible expansion candidate to the MVC, with ORU, Oakland, Valpo, Belmont, Saint Louis U. Its all speculation though, probably find out Sunday a bit more in the Direction the MVC is going as they are holding an emergency meeting of Presidents in St. Louis.

Some have reported possible expansion by 3 schools, some have said zero. I doubt they wouldn't add anyone as that is a sure fire miss and totally Idiotic thing to do.
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

I see. I thought that was just about the Horizon. Btw take a look at that member list - woof what a bunch of terrible members, keep me as far away from that league as possible.