Page 57 of 60 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast

Thread: Wichita State to the American Athletic Conference?

Default Re: Wichita State to the American Athletic Conference?

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    So when does Loyola Chicago move to the A10 or Big East?
    A10. Big East will take U Conn and one other school from the A10. With DePaul sucking, LIU can own Chicago if they can maintain their success.

Loyola may be a flash in the pan.

But with the hunger that mid-majors have for teams that could get an at-large bid, there is little to lose.

Loyola Chicago is a great institutional fit for either the A10/Big East as a Catholic/Jesuit school.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by Yote 53 View Post
    Loyola Chicago is a nice story but all they are is a team who has gotten hot at the right time, got some good matchups, and eeked out some wins. I'm not buying the hype that their program is that strong. In fact, if they were to have met up with USD or SDSU this season I would have put money on either the Yotes or the Jacks to come out with the win.
    Loyola-Chicago is in the Elite 8 with an RPI of 22.

South Dakota lost by 13 at home to North Texas in the CBI tourney. In the most recent RPI, North Texas sits at #235.*

*no smack intended as NDSU's RPI is #210.........jeez........

Excuse me if I want to see a little more sustained success out of a school before giving them an A10/Big East invite.

Yes, they've had a nice season and a nice run, but that's the thing about March Madness, schools can go on runs, it does not mean they can maintain success. Difference between winning a few games and building a sustainable, long term, strong program.

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    Loyola-Chicago is in the Elite 8 with an RPI of 22.

South Dakota lost by 13 at home to North Texas in the CBI tourney. In the most recent RPI, North Texas sits at #235.*

*no smack intended as NDSU's RPI is #210.........jeez........

You prove my point about one-off games and tournament runs, North Texas won their next game too.

You think USD gave two craps about that CBI game? They didn't even bother to show up. Season was over after the SLT.

Loyolas ball movement is elite. Much better than any team the summit provides. They don't have a player like daum but their guards are very good. I'd take them any day to beat either of the SD schools based on their ball movement alone. Talent wise between Sdsu and Loyola isn't much difference...but wow they're difficult to defend and have 3 or 4 guys who can drain any 3 or jumpshot at anytime.

I love how they pump fake after getting the ball. Every time!

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Loyolas ball movement is elite. Much better than any team the summit provides. They don't have a player like daum but their guards are very good. I'd take them any day to beat either of the SD schools based on their ball movement alone. Talent wise between Sdsu and Loyola isn't much difference...but wow they're difficult to defend and have 3 or 4 guys who can drain any 3 or jumpshot at anytime.

I love how they pump fake after getting the ball. Every time!
    Sister Jean is leading these guys to the Final 4.
    College of Business Alumnus

I would have put money on either the Yotes or the Jacks to come out with the win.
    This sums you up right here.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

The Joose runeth over in all of SD I guess!!!!!

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Loyola Chicago is a nice story but all they are is a team who has gotten hot at the right time, got some good matchups, and eeked out some wins. I'm not buying the hype that their program is that strong. In fact, if they were to have met up with USD or SDSU this season I would have put money on either the Yotes or the Jacks to come out with the win.
    oh my god....lol