Page 44 of 60 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: Wichita State to the American Athletic Conference?

Default Re: Wichita State to the American Athletic Conference?

There are folks over on MVCfans that legit believe the MVFC is better off with Murray State, even if that resulted in the Dakota schools bolting (which could happen after the Horizon starts picking off Summit teams and the Summit becomes less stable). I know there are many here who are never-FBS'ers...But I don't know how you can want to stay in an MVFC that thinks so little of our contribution to the league that adding Murray State is perfectly acceptable and the Dakotas be damned. They see us as having no other options, and no will to unearth other options, so they tell us eat sh*t and like it. Screw that.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    There are folks over on MVCfans that legit believe the MVFC is better off with Murray State, even if that resulted in the Dakota schools bolting (which could happen after the Horizon starts picking off Summit teams and the Summit becomes less stable). I know there are many here who are never-FBS'ers...But I don't know how you can want to stay in an MVFC that thinks so little of our contribution to the league that adding Murray State is perfectly acceptable and the Dakotas be damned. They see us as having no other options, and no will to unearth other options, so they tell us eat sh*t and like it. Screw that.
    They are sick of getting their ass handed to them by Creighton and Witchita and they know their time is now. They will rationalize that Murray will be some upgrade when in reality they are scared of the Dakota schools. Not as we are now but in time the Dakota schools will own them. We already have the facilities, some success in the tournament, and they know they have peaked in terms of putting money into the program and the Dakota schools are just getting started. They are literally shitting themselves at the thought of us OWNING them like we did it football. There are timid and meak fans and programs with vagina's.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I know when I Think big time Murray St pops into my head as a true Power house....lol

The rationales used by the MVC school fans for who and who not to consider are comical, but sadly they seem to be on par with the closed minded Presidents of their Universities..

from siudawgschool on Salukination

A really bad move.
    It would completely be a football-minded move for a conference with much more basketball tradition, and as has been mentioned, North Dakota St. is likely to go FBS at some point, anyways.
    From a basketball standpoint, South Dakota and North Dakota have no juice whatsoever, and the winter travel to those schools would be awful. I'm not going to research their other programs, but I can't imagine they excel in sports that require any kind of decent weather.
    Don't see the appeal.
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    I know when I Think big time Murray St pops into my head as a true Power house....lol

The rationales used by the MVC school fans for who and who not to consider are comical, but sadly they seem to be on par with the closed minded Presidents of their Universities..
    I bet most fans would have to do a Google Search to find out their team name or what state they are in.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Assuming Murry State is added, and the MVFC is split into two divisions with 6 teams each, wouldn't there be seasons that eastern division teams wouldn't play NDSU, SDSU, or UNI?

FFS.

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    Assuming Murry State is added, and the MVFC is split into two divisions with 6 teams each, wouldn't there be seasons that eastern division teams wouldn't play NDSU, SDSU, or UNI?

FFS.
    yes, that could happen.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

If Murray State joins, we've let the MVFC become a joke.

There is ZERO reason for the conference to have more than 9 members.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

The UNI fan on that MVC board is completely unhinged.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    The UNI fan on that MVC board is completely unhinged.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk
    I'm sure he was against adding the xDSU's to the MVFC for the same reasons. Now he is butthurt.

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    I'm sure he was against adding the xDSU's to the MVFC for the same reasons. Now he is butthurt.
    Seriously, fuck these UNI guys. Do they honestly think THEY would get an invite if they weren't already in? As a matter of fact, the core teams in the MVC would probably never get invites if they weren't already in for many of the same reasons (market, academic profile, whatever) they are trying to deny other schools right now.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯