Page 12 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Wichita State to the American Athletic Conference?

Default Re: Wichita State to the American Athletic Conference?

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    I got from this article that is obviously outdated

http://www.aseaofred.com/scanning-fcs-coaches-salaries/
    https://siouxfb.areavoices.com/2016/...salary-market/

lol at Liberty and Turner Gill. He must have maid $100k for every win last year.
    Klieman gets a bare minimum of 4% raise each year. This year he will be at the very least 312k. Then 324k. Then 338k.

His media speaking fees are 25k +70k with a 5k raise annually (95k 2017, 100k 2018, 105k 2019)

He gets bare minimum 5k for summer camps.

He gets up to 50k in incentives. (10k for 8 wins, 10k for a MVFC Championship, and 5k for home playoff games, 10-15k for Frisco)

Plus he gets a longevity bonus of 50k if he's still here after the 2018 season.

Not counting free college for his kids, he could almost make over 550k in 2019. Heck he could go 3-8 and make 500k that year.

Our head coach makes good money. I would rather up the assistant football coaches salaries and basketball across the board.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    We are probably in 5th behind ORU, SDSU, USD and Denver. Likely much closer to the 6th highest paid coach.

That said I'm not sure Richman has done enough to warrant a massive raise.
    I'm sure he hasn't.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Interesting.

http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/sala...ketball/coach/

SDSU hired their HC at $300,00k. Impressive how both South Dakota schools are lit up on hoops. Will be interesting to see Brian Jones next contract now that UND cut women's hockey and both swimming programs.

Interesting.

http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/sala...ketball/coach/

SDSU hired their HC at $300,00k. Impressive how both South Dakota schools are lit up on hoops. Will be interesting to see Brian Jones next contract now that UND cut women's hockey and both swimming programs.
    Dave needs to prove himself before he gets a big raise, Saul would have probably been right up there had he stayed and had sustained success
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Dave needs to prove himself before he gets a big raise, Saul would have probably been right up there had he stayed and had sustained success
    1) No he wouldn't. Not even close. Saul was making $175,000 here and left for $550,000 a year at Ohio.
    2) I think the bigger question is how does SDSU afford to pay a coach with zero experience that salary right off the bat?

I don't agree with the "earned" statement people keep throwing around doesn't make any sense to me. He's getting paid significant less than other Summit coaches with significantly more results. With that being said we should be super happy with Richman and never complain because we're likely getting what we're paying for and then some. He's either overachieving, or NDSU just doesn't take basketball as serious as these other schools, which I guess is ok.

1) No he wouldn't. Not even close. Saul was making $175,000 here and left for $550,000 a year at Ohio.
    2) I think the bigger question is how does SDSU afford to pay a coach with zero experience that salary right off the bat?

I don't agree with the "earned" statement people keep throwing around doesn't make any sense to me. He's getting paid significant less than other Summit coaches with significantly more results. With that being said we should be super happy with Richman and never complain because we're likely getting what we're paying for and then some. He's either overachieving, or NDSU just doesn't take basketball as serious as these other schools, which I guess is ok.
    I agree. At the very least when and if we hire a new head coach, we need to be prepared to pay up to 300k because that's what committed teams pay. Otherwise we will be a revolving door of coaches who get poached everytime we do something good.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

NDSU is not the New York Yankees.

We will always see good coaches leave.

What we should want is for Fargo to be a place where good coaches see a chance to prove themselves and grow.

Nothing personal, I want nearly all of our coaches out of here in the next five years, moving on to even better things (or at least more money).
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    NDSU is not the New York Yankees.

We will always see good coaches leave.

What we should want is for Fargo to be a place where good coaches see a chance to prove themselves and grow.

Nothing personal, I want nearly all of our coaches out of here in the next five years, moving on to even better things (or at least more money).
    Yes because we pay like the Florida Marlins. But I will just say this. We paid Bohl pretty well and we held on to him for a decade. We pay Klieman even better and he's going on his 4th year.

Back in the old days of D2 when we paid like a D2 program we used to lose our head coaches to D1AA teams. Now we hire coordinators and position coaches away from teams like Montana State who once hired our head coach. Same with UNI

Why is that the bigger question? Saying TJ had zero experience is pretty bold.

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    Why is that the bigger question? Saying TJ had zero experience is pretty bold.
    Oh really? Where did he head coach before? I am looking on his profile and he was an assistant a bunch of places but that don't mean anything. Looks like he might have been a high school head coach way back in 2001-2004 but we aren't really going to try and count are we?