Page 1 of 60 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Wichita State to the American Athletic Conference?

Default Wichita State to the American Athletic Conference?

Rumors starting to circulate that WSU is getting looked at to join the American Athletic Conference....

Jon Rothstein ‏@JonRothstein 6h6 hours ago
    Sources: Wichita State emerges as potential basketball-only member for American Conference. STORY
    https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/sta...37467615428608
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Default Re: Wichita State to the American Athletic Conference?

Does this mean it's NDSU to the valley, UND to Summit as replacement

Serious but not serious
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I assumed for their up and coming *football* program. Is AAC really a step up from the MVC?
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.

Quote Originally Posted by DePereBisonFan View Post
    I assumed for their up and coming *football* program. Is AAC really a step up from the MVC?
    It's a step up in basketball as well! I have to assume you were joking as u conn Cincinnati Memphis and umm others are in this conference
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Quote Originally Posted by DePereBisonFan View Post
    UCONN, Memphis*, Cincinnati, Temple, etc.

Pretty solid for basketball I imagine.

*they good anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    It's a step up in basketball as well!
    College of Business Alumnus

The MVC would only want us when we no longer want them. Lose of Creighton, loss of WSU,...

Would be fun to be in 'the' mid-major conference. But the MVC is for the most part a bus conference, and has a lot of vocal private members.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The Summit is a better basketball league than the MVC without Wichita. That might even break them.

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    The Summit is a better basketball league than the MVC without Wichita. That might even break them.
    I don't think so but it's closer. But in terms of regular season attendance and exposure, the MVC is way better

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I don't think so but it's closer. But in terms of regular season attendance and exposure, the MVC is way better
    It has been and might be for a couple more years, but with losing the really good teams from there attendance and exposure will start to drop.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    It has been and might be for a couple more years, but with losing the really good teams from there attendance and exposure will start to drop.
    I don't know. Our record vs MVC teams kind of sucks and Misery State curb stomped is. UNI curb stomped SDSU by 30 and we're both top Summit teams. I think were a middle of the pack MVC team and would take time to build to the level of the MVC... Kind of like it did in football

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com