Page 43 of 60 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: Wichita State to the American Athletic Conference?

Default Re: Wichita State to the American Athletic Conference?

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    Yeah, I’ve been following that too. I like how they’re all putting Murray State in the MVFC to accommodate the BB program in the MVC, and then in the next breath they dis on football, the MVFC, and the Dakota schools. Screw Murray State. They suck way too bad for the MVFC.

Lakes is right. They're scared of the Dakota schools and it's more than football.
    Lakes is right 99% of the time. Sometimes his haters are so blind they can't see through their own bullshit.

He's right again here as well

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    IIRC, SDSU is the only team in the league who hasn't had a losing season in league play since the xDSU's joined. I believe only NDSU has more playoff appearances and playoff wins during that timeframe as well.

SDSU is the 2nd best team in the league. (insert joke here)
    Lol@ having a number to match your programs total playoff wins

Murray, Valpo and Milwaukee to the MVC...seems to be the latest rumor.

If Valpo and Milwaukee both go, not sure the Horizon is really all that attractive for Omaha and Denver. I would love to see the Summit take a run at Green Bay but they probably like being in a Great Lakes conference.
    Last edited by NDSUstudent; 04-22-2017 at 04:36 AM.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

DIBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I believe that NDSU & SDSU have better odds of getting a Horizon invite before a MVC invite.

Quote Originally Posted by DIBISON View Post
    I believe that NDSU & SDSU have better odds of getting a Horizon invite before a MVC invite.
    If the Horizon loses Valpo and Green Bay, what's left other than a bunch of OK teams in huge cities way too far from us? I would prefer the Summit to a watered down horizon

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Yote 53 View Post
    As for USD, we were fully prepared to go to the BSC. The MVC schools let us in out of their own self-preservation, don't forget that. It would have been just a matter of time before the XDSU's would have been pulled over to the BSC with us and formed an eastern division with the Montanas and UNC. In hindsight, that might not have been a bad deal either.
    Well there it is. The dumbest thing I'll read all month.
    Remember Hunters Safety-Treat Every Hunter as if He Were Loaded

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

We could do a lot worse than Northern Colorado. They're not really great at anything but at least they sponsor. Good travel partner for Denver, adds a much needed baseball team. Already with us, SDSU, and Denver in the Big 12 for wrestling. There's even a chance that getting out from the Big Sky will push them to their old levels of competition. Our geography greatly limits options, we should add even average but stable programs like UNC if given the chance.

Hard to add UNC considering they have a football issue unless they would stay in the Big Sky for that. The MVFC is pretty full with UND and perhaps Murray State joining.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Hard to add UNC considering they have a football issue unless they would stay in the Big Sky for that. The MVFC is pretty full with UND and perhaps Murray State joining.
    Summit League Football

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Summit League Football
    NDSU, SDSU, USD, UND, WIU and UNC? Yeah....Think I'll pass on that.

For Summit football to even be a thought, you would need 8 or 9 programs committed to do it. For WIU I'm not sure I see the motivation to leave a better regional conference.