Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Opportunity to pick up some Gopher transfers?

Default Re: Opportunity to pick up some Gopher transfers?

the university has a very high standard for consent that wasnt met by piece of shit 2-10+.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Without knowing the facts, I supported the team...

Not anymore! Yikes...
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    the university has a very high standard for consent that wasnt met by piece of shit 2-10+.
    It's an extremely high standard for sure. That's where I'm not sure how I feel about things. I understand protecting people from SA. I also understand how an event that is "consensual" where both parties are going along with everything, but maybe both parties have had a bit to drink and someone had second thoughts once they are thinking more clearly now the other person can be in a tough spot. There is always abstinence, however I know what its like to be a college-aged person.

That all being said, it doesn't appear that is what happened here. And I am behind the university 100% here. With the facts that have been leaked, this is a case where there really is no gray area of consent, its pretty black and white.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

The fact that a recruit was involved in some of this is absolutely disgusting.

Yeah, I've only gotten through about 3 of the 80 pages, and it's a much different story now than what was presented a week ago.

That being said, I still don't mind the way the team (not the 10 involved, the other 110) handled this. All they knew was that in September the complaint was filed and the cops didn't file charges. Then 3 1/2 months later out of nowhere twice as many people as had originally been investigated were basically off the team, facing expulsion from school and nobody would (could) tell them why.

They met as a group, decided to believe their teammates and what was known from the legal process at that point and weren't satisfied with the answer of "trust us" from the committee, coaches, AD and Pres so they played the only card they could to get answers. That may or may not have helped expedite Kare 11 finding and releasing the full report, and within hours of the report being released the players read it, got back together and correctly changed their tune.

Now, as for the 10 players and the recruit involved. They can rot in hell, there is no place in this world for treating anyone like that.
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

Quote Originally Posted by Son of a Bison View Post
    The fact that a recruit was involved in some of this is absolutely disgusting.
    Wow if that's not a recruiting violation I don't know what is! Well find a woman and train her. Shit that's gotta be borderline illegal in some states!

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I just read the Pioneer Press article. My goodness. That is not for the faint of heart. Zero doubt that very, very poor judgement happened by all involved.

With that said, the U of M must have done a horrible job communicating with the players. I very much doubt any of this would have happened like this if they did.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonAccountant44 View Post
    Yeah, I've only gotten through about 3 of the 80 pages, and it's a much different story now than what was presented a week ago.

That being said, I still don't mind the way the team (not the 10 involved, the other 110) handled this. All they knew was that in September the complaint was filed and the cops didn't file charges. Then 3 1/2 months later out of nowhere twice as many people as had originally been investigated were basically off the team, facing expulsion from school and nobody would (could) tell them why.

They met as a group, decided to believe their teammates and what was known from the legal process at that point and weren't satisfied with the answer of "trust us" from the committee, coaches, AD and Pres so they played the only card they could to get answers. That may or may not have helped expedite Kare 11 finding and releasing the full report, and within hours of the report being released the players read it, got back together and correctly changed their tune.

Now, as for the 10 players and the recruit involved. They can rot in hell, there is no place in this world for treating anyone like that.
    That's exactly why I don't support them. That was and still should be private information they do not have any inherent right to know. Now the school is supposed to just air all the private info out to the public to keep players pacified? Ridiculous.

Were these ten players playing during the year?
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    That's exactly why I don't support them. That was and still should be private information they do not have any inherent right to know. Now the school is supposed to just air all the private info out to the public to keep players pacified? Ridiculous.
    I can see that, but the police investigation was not private information and lead to no charges about the same incident. After that, and the new "charges" coming seemingly nowhere to think that group wasn't going to have questions that they felt needed to be answered isn't realistic. For me, I'm giving the larger group of players the benefit of the doubt that they didn't throw a temper tantrum for no reason and that they legitimately believed their teammates were being wronged. If that is the case I can see why they did what they did, and I don't blame them.

I guess it really depends on what Coyal did or didn't say to them in the team meeting before the boycott when the players weren't satisfied with the answers they did get. If it was the equivalent of him standing in front of the team and saying "I can't tell you anything" on repeat, I can see why they would be frustrated and go down the road they did.

If he got up there and talked to them about as much as he could, explained the different burdens of proof that the two processes needed, maybe did a little of "we know from the police report that this happened, well I can't get into specifics, but our investigation found that plus x" or "the police report said y which meets the preponderance of evidence requirement because" type talking to help them see that there was more to the story and that this was completely legitimate and not a witch hunt, etc. and they still went with the boycott than you're right.
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.