Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Opportunity to pick up some Gopher transfers?

Default Re: Opportunity to pick up some Gopher transfers?

Common man just say Kare 11 will be releasing the 82-page report that this committee had when they recommended the expulsion so maybe some answers will come from that.
    Last edited by BisonAccountant44; 12-18-2016 at 02:48 PM.
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

I side with the football team here.
    College of Business Alumnus

BlueKeyAlum is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

What is it with Gopher athletes videotaping themselves and buddies having sex?
    "I’m not familiar precisely with what I said, but I’ll stand by what I said, whatever it was.” --- Mitt Romney

"That which doesn't kill you, hurts." -- me

Quote Originally Posted by BlueKeyAlum View Post
    What is it with Gopher athletes videotaping themselves and buddies having sex?
    It's a billion dollar industry, doncha know!
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by aces1180 View Post
    I am not advocating sexual assault!

However, according the video that was shown to the police, she was lucid and a willing participant.

My guess is she pulled the train and had some regrets after the fact and claimed SA. Obviously, the police and prosecutor agreed and decided not to press charges.

Unless they are at BYU and sign a code of conduct that says they can't drink or have sex, I don't believe they should be suspended. I also support the team's decision, because this decision by administration seems railroaded (pun intended).
    Doesn't Baylor have one of those codes of conduct as well? What a crock of shit those things are. All they do is encourage people not to report abuse.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

mebisonII is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Well that was fairly short-lived:

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-p...all/407201426/

Quote Originally Posted by mebisonII View Post
    I wouldn't have blamed the holiday people would have found someone else to replace them and said...too late ..we found someone else.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Man...I am surprised most are backing the team and players on this. Have you guys read the 80 page report? I think many of the boycotting parents read it, and told their kids, "what the hell are you thinking?" We absolutely need codes of conduct above and beyond the law. If our schools and society's only standard for moral code of conduct is whether or not the police can prosecute you, we are truly f@$#&d. Read the report.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    I side with the football team here.
    You can't be serious!
    Athletes that receive scholarships and cost of attendance
    Are essentially paid employees of the state of Minnesota and therefore should be held to a higher standard then any other student on campus.... that said mr claeys should be gone for knowing what he obviously knows and being the leader of this group of young men and publicly endorsing this boycott
    TRUST THE PROCESS

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    You can't be serious!
    Athletes that receive scholarships and cost of attendance
    Are essentially paid employees of the state of Minnesota and therefore should be held to a higher standard then any other student on campus.... that said mr claeys should be gone for knowing what he obviously knows and being the leader of this group of young men and publicly endorsing this boycott
    I'm kind of surprised he isn't gone yet. Maybe the University is waiting for some dust to settle.

From my understanding, it started out consensual and then the victim was basically railroaded by multiple players. That isn't ok.

I think I side with the school here. The players are claiming that there was no due process which is BS. There was a criminal investigation, and the prosecution decided they didn't have enough to persue charges. That doesn't mean these players are innocent, which is what they will have you believe. They want you to believe they are being held to a higher standard by the university because they are athletes but they are being held to the same code of conduct as any other student or faculty member.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk