Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Opportunity to pick up some Gopher transfers?

Default Re: Opportunity to pick up some Gopher transfers?

Quote Originally Posted by siouxfan512 View Post
    ^This, so much. I wouldn't want my kid playing for the guy. My guess is Claeys didn't even realize what he was doing by "trying" to support his players. He really comes across as an idiot.

I was also pretty shocked at the player parents who were upset about their kids suspensions. I get not being happy about your kid getting suspended, but once you hear what your kid was involved in, how can you get publicly upset. Jeez, my kid would be done, and out of school. Move home, take some Juco classes, and get your life in order, because there are some seriously lacking moral issues there.

Completely agree that Claeys had to go!
    Move home? I would change the locks.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by BisonVet View Post
    Move home? I would change the locks.
    Fair enough. My point is, I wouldn't be publicly defending my kid from their suspension if I found out they were involved in something like this. Some of these parent actually went on TV to explain how upset they were with the school (THE SCHOOL AND NOT THEIR KIDS ...WTF?) If I found out my kid did that I would be totally crushed. I'd deal with my kid, but I definitely wouldn't go on TV to complain about the school.

Though I would like to believe in most cases, people that are upset "after" hear about this kind of issue (pretty much everyone here that has weighed in on the issue) would have instilled more values into their kids to avoid these situations. I know that isn't always the case, but some of these character flaws start at home.

Fair enough. My point is, I wouldn't be publicly defending my kid from their suspension if I found out they were involved in something like this. Some of these parent actually went on TV to explain how upset they were with the school (THE SCHOOL AND NOT THEIR KIDS ...WTF?) If I found out my kid did that I would be totally crushed. I'd deal with my kid, but I definitely wouldn't go on TV to complain about the
    school.

Though I would like to believe in most cases, people that are upset "after" hear about this kind of issue (pretty much everyone here that has weighed in on the issue) would have instilled more values into their kids to avoid these situations. I know that isn't always the case, but some of these character flaws start at home.
    I don't disagree with you. I am not sure when the parents were publically reacting the way they did, but in many instances it happens after they get a sanitized version from the kids and before they know the full story. Just like the team reacted.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

I was also pretty shocked at the player parents who were upset about their kids suspensions. I get not being happy about your kid getting suspended, but once you hear what your kid was involved in, how can you get publicly upset.
    Oh man....how detached you are from the reality that is education.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Great article by John Shipley at the Pioneer Press today.

Is deplorable behavior OK at Minnesota? Many players seemed to think so.

“It’s sad how this administration doesn’t care about the players at all,” senior cornerback Jalen Myric tweeted Tuesday.

Reminder: The university is razing buildings, moving earth and trying desperately to raise $169 million to build an “Athletes Village” that will feature a new indoor football practice facility, offices for the coaching staff, a locker room for the players and a 24-hour training table for all student-athletes. Yet we’re asked to believe that 100-plus Division I athletes — 85 of them on full scholarship — are now victims of a world gone mad. That the university doesn’t have the right to determine whether their behavior breaks school standards.
    http://www.twincities.com/2017/01/03...t-the-players/
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Quote Originally Posted by BisonVet View Post
    I don't disagree with you. I am not sure when the parents were publically reacting the way they did, but in many instances it happens after they get a sanitized version from the kids and before they know the full story. Just like the team reacted.
    Fair point. I know one person I saw on tv, was Antoine Winfield. You are correct though, I'm sure in several cases the version the parent got from their kids were different.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    Oh man....how detached you are from the reality that is education.
    Haha, I should have said I was shocked, as much as it is just disappointing to see. I just can't imagine taking that approach with my kids (thank God I have a long time until they are ready to go off to college). Shouldn't be surprising that this kind of stuff happens, nor should it be surprising that there are parents that choose to ignore the seriousness of the situation, or look at it through biased glasses.

Nevertheless, it is disappointing to see this kind of stuff happen.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    Great article by John Shipley at the Pioneer Press today.

http://www.twincities.com/2017/01/03...t-the-players/
    Well written!

Well written!
    He makes it way too simplistic. I never seen any mention of what exactly the players knew or did not know. Or what the accused actually told their teammates. I am just saying they are the only folks I feel I can't pass judgement on, other than those who actively participated or were direct witnesses.

With that said, those tweets questioning the firing are quite moronic; I fully agree on that as they should know the whole story now.

Disagree. They players picked the hill they died on, no remorse for them being ignorant of the situation when they made so strong a stand.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    He makes it way too simplistic. I never seen any mention of what exactly the players knew or did not know. Or what the accused actually told their teammates. I am just saying they are the only folks I feel I can't pass judgement on, other than those who actively participated or were direct witnesses.

With that said, those tweets questioning the firing are quite moronic; I fully agree on that as they should know the whole story now.
    If a player makes a public statement without knowing the facts, I can judge that they are morons just fine.