Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Opportunity to pick up some Gopher transfers?

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Opportunity to pick up some Gopher transfers?

Quote Originally Posted by BisonAccountant44 View Post
    Agree with everything you're saying, but if the way Coyle addressed the team, the timing around the school releasing the players are refusing to talk statement, and the way Kaler worked with the team are portrayed accurately in that story, those two shouldn't be off the hook either.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    I just can't put much stock into the player's side of the story when they act and speak so ignorantly. Perhaps there was a communication issue with the administration. But there is definitely an issue in that locker room.

We do know that they could not and should not have told the players the details of the investigation, as that was private information and should have remained so. We also know that once the players found out what happened in the investigation, they ended their boycott. That makes it look like they were mad they weren't privy to sensitive private information. But much of that information was available in the police reports which they did have access to prior to the boycott. They just didn't bother to look into it and instead assumed that since no legal charges were brought nothing inappropriate happened, even though they knew the jist of it.

So yeah, sorry the players just don't have much credibility in my mind.
    Last edited by bisonp; 01-06-2017 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    Heard him on the radio saying something dumb about how great the atmosphere was at UND when he took a visit there. I'm guessing NDSU said they were pretty set at RB.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    I heard a few things as well. Won't put them on here but let's just say I haven't lost any sleep over his decision.

Fleck should be like "don't let it hit you where the good lord split you" with these guys.

That's cheesy enough for him to actually say.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I never seen any mention of what exactly the players knew or did not know. Or what the accused actually told their teammates. I am just saying they are the only folks I feel I can't pass judgement on, other than those who actively participated or were direct witnesses.
    The more I think about this...the more it doesnt make sense from the players. Didnt this whole thing happen back in the fall? Wasnt it one of the cheerleaders who got a restraining order, and then some players were not allowed to show up at the stadium for game day because of said restraining order? How did they not know what it involved? Even if they didnt get Every detail from the accused...it had to seem sketchy. And lets be honest...kids dont keep secrets very well...there had to be rumblings what it was about. To claim total ignorance is just dumb. Then to claim they had no outside voices telling them what to do is just dumb.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

That story really made me question what the cumulative IQ of the UM football team is despite the 3.0 team GPA. The story also made me realize how "lost" many of these players are to be so clueless and insensitive. I am surprised more women's lib groups haven't been mandating female sensitivity training for the team - deservedly so since men's basketball had a somewhat similar incident exposed recently too.

Finally, glad to be a Bison fan but that whole incident is bad for college athletics and I kind of feel bad for Claey having to deal with these players. Wow they left him out to dry!

Quote Originally Posted by son of a bison View Post
    that story really made me question what the cumulative iq of the um football team is despite the 3.0 team gpa. The story also made me realize how "lost" many of these players are to be so clueless and insensitive. I am surprised more women's lib groups haven't been mandating female sensitivity training for the team - deservedly so since men's basketball had a somewhat similar incident exposed recently too. and the ad sexting scandal

finally, glad to be a bison fan but that whole incident is bad for college athletics and i kind of feel bad for claey having to deal with these players. Wow they left him out to dry!
    fify...................

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    fify...................
    Forgot about Mr. Mega. Where did he end up?

Quote Originally Posted by Son of a Bison View Post
    Rehab?

Ten Char

Quote Originally Posted by Son of a Bison View Post
    He's on the Presidential transition team.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Four previous WMU verbals flipped to MN tonight.