Page 55 of 61 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison Basketball Team ISSUES

GRAFTONBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Bison Basketball Team ISSUES

Quote Originally Posted by 3Putt View Post
    Is this having an effect when recruiting post players? The starting line up is usually listed as 4 guards and a forward which doesn't seem like it would appeal to a low post player.
    I don't know if any of us can answer that but IMO it certainly can't help.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GRAFTONBISON View Post
    I don't know if any of us can answer that but IMO it certainly can't help.
    Or you could look at the opposite and say well that must mean they don't have a great post player and I could play right away and it could help recruiting. Based on size and skillset right now we start 2 guards, 2 forwards and a center regardless of what they say in the announcements. It would however help recruiting bigs if they could put on an NDSU game and see us feeding the post so there's that. We don't have Dex or Marshall to throw the ball into and IMO we didn't do it enough even when we had them so that's the bigger problem.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Richman should just let Gue get a ton of run these last few games, I mean what is the worst that can happen we keep losing? Why not put AJ in a sixth man role, see what happens. Maybe he'll come out more aggressive.

As for Richman, I'm fine with him getting another year but things need to change. I don't want to see the team struggling down the stretch again and hearing comments about being young, he needs to get the team peaking for tournament time.
    Who else are you going to find that plays 25 ft from the basket, doesn't play defense, doesn't rebound and plays the "local fan favorite role"????

2017-2018. First half Summit—4-3. Second half Summit—1-6. 2016-2017. First half Summit—6-1. Second half Summit—4-3. Why the drop-off in the second half of conference? Didn’t figure in home or away for record.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison09 View Post
    2017-2018. First half Summit—4-3. Second half Summit—1-6. 2016-2017. First half Summit—6-1. Second half Summit—4-3. Why the drop-off in the second half of conference? Didn’t figure in home or away for record.
    Well we did play 5 of our last 7 on the road but mostly just poor execution. USD at home, Denver, ORU and WIU on the road all should have been wins with what this team is capable of but not playing good basketball for 40 full minutes cost in those games.

Lack of ability to make adjustments or change strategies?

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

My opinion is too much 1 on 1 basketball. I know that is what the game is turning into but for the games that I saw when the team worked together as a team both offense and defense we played really well. When they tried to do this "hero basketball" I don't know if it ever turned out well. About halfway through the season, our coach was saying in the media there was too much hero basketball going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Is this year over yet? Wake me when it is. I am more excited about the kids coming in. Something is wrong. Just a vibe. We were in first place last year for like 90% of the season...prior to that moment, we were probably looking at losing our head coach. Now everyone is calling for a change. I said before..there will be some addition by subtraction. I guess we will wait and see. The two guards coming in next year are playing ALOT. They are different than what we have. We aren't as bad as we are now. Moving on. Man we need some dudes!!! if we are willing to take on JUCO kids...why not transfers? Look at what other teams in our league do....why not alter our plans. It is a huge issue in college hoops. TAKE DUDES!
    Not sure where else to put this, but just saw on Twitter that Dylan Miller committed to Mankato. Will be interesting to see if Margenthaler gets more out of him and how he performs at the DII level.

I honestly dont think he will do much for them.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonJD View Post
    Not sure where else to put this, but just saw on Twitter that Dylan Miller committed to Mankato. Will be interesting to see if Margenthaler gets more out of him and how he performs at the DII level.
    The simple fact that he'll be bigger and more athletic than most people he'll be playing against should give him an advantage, the thing with Dylan was it looked like he just didn't have the drive to play hard and want to be a good player, it was an effort thing with him from what I saw, not sure if a change of environment will lead to a change of attitude but guess we'll see.