Page 54 of 61 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison Basketball Team ISSUES

Default Re: Bison Basketball Team ISSUES

Quote Originally Posted by BisonCardinal View Post
    What exactly is Richman's culture? Seriously, not trying to be snarky.
    Man you hit the nail on the head

All that culture blah blah blah gets old very quick and we continue to hear just that

The current culture is unacceptable

I think there is some young talent on the team. I think Hunter, Ward, Geu and Rocky can be very good players, I'm just not confident Richman can get the most out of these guys. I don't know what it is, if it's his attitude, coaching style or what but players just don't seem to be responding to it. He better get it figured out over the off season because he won't be around after another season like this year.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Richman should just let Gue get a ton of run these last few games, I mean what is the worst that can happen we keep losing? Why not put AJ in a sixth man role, see what happens. Maybe he'll come out more aggressive.

As for Richman, I'm fine with him getting another year but things need to change. I don't want to see the team struggling down the stretch again and hearing comments about being young, he needs to get the team peaking for tournament time.
    Geu will be a Junior going on freshman next year. I’ve stopped getting excited about basketball recruiting. I hear guys all hyped up and they simply aren’t developing. Miller is the only good player that has really “panned out” since losing Saul.

Richman always says we are a young team when during a season are we done being young and the way he subs how can anyone get enough playing time to see if they will pan out. He for some reason did not bench aj and start get and see if aj may be better off the bench instead he kept going with aj who at points looked bored and lost out there

There's virtually no inside presence. Paul Miller is our best big man.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

GRAFTONBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    It would require actually trying to have an inside presence to know this for sure?

Quote Originally Posted by GRAFTONBISON View Post
    It would require actually trying to have an inside presence to know this for sure?
    You make a good point.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    Deng has looked pretty good in the post as has Tyson actually, at least when Paul is there they throw the ball into it, that's a good start. Hopefully those 3 can continue to get to the basket next weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by wcbsas View Post
    Disagree ... football proves that NDSU can be very very successful in any athletic endeavor. It generates revenues, prestige and recognition that all the other programs should be utilizing. In part because of football the athletic program is able to build a new practice facility and renovate the arena.

There is no reason that NDSU should not consistently be in the top 3 of the basketball conference each and every year. It has the resources, fan support, lack of hockey as winter competition, facilities and legacy to demand such.

It is easy to pile on a coach when things are not going the right way but where is the optimism for the future? Who is going to score next year? Are the recruiting classes getting better or worse? With the recent coaching turnover at both SD schools you would've hoped NDSU could have established themselves ahead of them but it appears now both are in better position for future success then the Bison.

Football is certainly part of the discussion. Maybe it sets unrealistic expectations. Maybe its presence it a disadvantage - or maybe its an advantage.
    Spot on post!
    Looking forward to Summit & MVFC[SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by GRAFTONBISON View Post
    Is this having an effect when recruiting post players? The starting line up is usually listed as 4 guards and a forward which doesn't seem like it would appeal to a low post player.