Page 41 of 61 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison Basketball Team ISSUES

Default Re: Bison Basketball Team ISSUES

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    I watched Josh Vaughn and his Dickinson Bluehawks defeat UOf Jimmies last Friday night. Impressed with the way he coached. He was calm but ALWAYS instructing his team during play. He ripped them several times during timeouts. Just wonder if there is a coaching change someday is his a guy to target?
    I was surprised by Josh's personality I got to talk to him a bit during a junior bison club tour. If he can make x&os work I think he'd make a fantastic coach.

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    I was surprised by Josh's personality I got to talk to him a bit during a junior bison club tour. If he can make x&os work I think he'd make a fantastic coach.

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.
    If he can make xsos work... that kid grew up basketball his dad has couple Minnesota state championships and 624 wins
    TRUST THE PROCESS

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    If he can make xsos work... that kid grew up basketball his dad has couple Minnesota state championships and 624 wins
    You could tell this by watching him play, his basketball IQ always appeared better than his athletic ability even on the court. It'll be interesting to see how he does, I always liked the guy so if he continues to find success I'd be more than happy to have him back.

So, just peaked at the standings. Under .500 in conference, and .500 overall. Plain and simple, I expect more and hope other fans do, too.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    So, just peaked at the standings. Under .500 in conference, and .500 overall. Plain and simple, I expect more and hope other fans do, too.
    Unfortunately, you might want to just not look again until at least after next year. You could Peek a bit this year and see if they start to put it together but don't block out much time to look as it should be a short peak.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Unfortunately, you might want to just not look again until at least after next year. You could Peek a bit this year and see if they start to put it together but don't block out much time to look as it should be a short peak.
    What's Dave's contract situation? Anyone know?

Edit, found a forum article saying it was 5 years in 2014 when hired. If no extension, a "cheap" move could be made after next season. Unsure what the buyout would be to move on sooner.

What's Dave's contract situation? Anyone know?

Edit, found a forum article saying it was 5 years in 2014 when hired. If no extension, a "cheap" move could be made after next season. Unsure what the buyout would be to move on sooner.
    I don't know of any time that NDSU has bought out a contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    I don't know of any time that NDSU has bought out a contract.
    I don't know if any of the "sugar daddies" care enough to make it happen. I could see it happening in football; we've had remarkable good luck with long term coaches in football in the D1 era with multi-year contracts making this unnecessary. (For you young folks, NDSU did not do multi-years until the D1 move was made.)

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I don't know if any of the "sugar daddies" care enough to make it happen. I could see it happening in football; we've had remarkable good luck with long term coaches in football in the D1 era with multi-year contracts making this unnecessary. (For you young folks, NDSU did not do multi-years until the D1 move was made.)
    Did not know that.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

It is going to take more money, Im guessing they may have to dip into the FB profits to get a decent coach that can build and maintain a program, how much do the FB fans want to give up or how much can FB give up to maintain?

I would love to see both flourish and maybe some FB budget going over to BB will help in the long run, maybe they already do this I don't know as I lost interest in the BBall programs lately they are mediocre to bad