Page 40 of 61 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison Basketball Team ISSUES

Default Re: Bison Basketball Team ISSUES

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Micro fracture
    Actually, Micro Fracture is the treatment used to treat cartilage injury in the knee. You are basically bathing the injured cartilage in blood to help it heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Actually, Micro Fracture is the treatment used to treat cartilage injury in the knee. You are basically bathing the injured cartilage in blood to help it heal.
    thanks , I was told by someone I sit with that said they were discussing on the health part of a pregame a week or so ago.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'm one of the football fans but I don't pay enough attention to the basketball team to be someone that says 'I told ya so'. I'm apathetic to the team and the issues that I can tell from afar, so they may be way off.

*Everytime I hear DR on B1660 he talks about how they are a tough defensive team, and then I hear score updates where they give up 92 points to Fort Wayne. 92 points in a 40 minute game doesn't equate to anything tough or defensive-minded.

*I feel bad for Paul Miller, he has rounded his game so much from his freshman year and no one has come along with him.

*For mid-majors to have success it usually comes on the backs of upperclassmen bigs, and ours are... underwhelming.

*When Deng was recruited he was touted as this athletic freak, the next TrayVonn. Everyone knew he was raw but why does he get no minutes.

*Where there is smoke there is fire, how was the Oklahoma win plus the SHAC not enough to entice higher-end recruits. Or is it that the recruits haven't been coached up since arriving? First the whole Carlin situation and then the Clements transfer? I'm not saying DR should be gone, but that seat should be quite a bit warmer than it seems to be at this point.

What I'd like to see is a direction that this team is heading, but all I see is inconsistency and lack of identity.

/rant

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post

*When Deng was recruited he was touted as this athletic freak, the next TrayVonn. Everyone knew he was raw but why does he get no minutes.

/rant
    His Defense was atrocious, it has improved a lot since the beginning of the season. It has actually been fun to watch his progression. Still has a ways to go but it is coming. His positioning and spacing has improved a bunch. He is learning to defend with his length. When I say spacing what I actually mean is he would jump out on D very close and someone with a quick first step would get by. Watch him he now stays back and uses his length and defends much better. His spacing also has improved some on his help D, he was getting caught in no mans land neither helping or being able to stop the dump off to his guy. That has improved.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    I'm one of the football fans but I don't pay enough attention to the basketball team to be someone that says 'I told ya so'. I'm apathetic to the team and the issues that I can tell from afar, so they may be way off.

*Everytime I hear DR on B1660 he talks about how they are a tough defensive team, and then I hear score updates where they give up 92 points to Fort Wayne. 92 points in a 40 minute game doesn't equate to anything tough or defensive-minded.

*I feel bad for Paul Miller, he has rounded his game so much from his freshman year and no one has come along with him.

*For mid-majors to have success it usually comes on the backs of upperclassmen bigs, and ours are... underwhelming.

*Where there is smoke there is fire, how was the Oklahoma win plus the SHAC not enough to entice higher-end recruits. Or is it that the recruits haven't been coached up since arriving? First the whole Carlin situation and then the Clements transfer? I'm not saying DR should be gone, but that seat should be quite a bit warmer than it seems to be at this point.

What I'd like to see is a direction that this team is heading, but all I see is inconsistency and lack of identity.

/rant
    Seat should be warm now!! Is our AD monitoring or not. Have not seen him at many games.

HerdBoy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    P. Buck the funnies.
    Thank you RTO. Sorry I stopped at O I had to get back to work.

Q. Queen - Kareem Abdul Jabbar

R. Relax team. It's almost February. We can do this.

S. SDSU. Brookings here we come to give you a beat down.

T. Tyson Ward. Time to get the mojo working again.

U. Umbrella man.

V. Victory. They don't come easy.

W. Win. We have 10 already.

X. Xavier. Your coach is creepy.

Y. Young. We are a young team. Forever forward never backward.

Z. Zombie apocalypse. What is deal with all the zombie movies?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    I honestly feel there are Bison football fans that want to be the "I told you so" guy in regards to Bison basketball. I would argue....did you expect this team to be better than a 4 or 5 seed this year? With AJ and Paul as the only seniors and no juniors that contribute? I just don't understand the same guys saying the same things. This isn't a great team, a mid level summit team this year with most of their talent in the underclassman. Most guys on here ONLY come on here after losses. Love saying...Told you! It is laughable. I don't understand not wanting ALL Bison sports to succeed. Best of luck the rest of the way. I would pay for Paul to get a run in the tourney. Kid has really earned it. We need 5 Paul's on the court!
    I think you miss the point and immediately go into a defensive position since you probably know the staff. How would you grade the coaching performance since Saul left?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by Kujava23 View Post
    WHAT DO YOU FEEL IS BIGGEST "ISSUE" WITH THE BISON BASKETBALL TEAM?

A. OFFENSE SCHEME---two offense schemes---dribble weave and flex

B. COACHES--are players developing, are players accountable, are minutes earned, are lineups adjusted to playing performance

C. PLAYERS PLAYING TIME--are players getting more minutes who play well, are players being subbed out timely and for reason, are different groups of players tried playing in a group, players who perform poorly---are minutes taken away

D. DEFENSE SCHEME--switch defenses, apply pressure full court, 3/4 court, 1/2 court; double down on posts with guards or with other big; run n jump, different zones attempted

F. ADJUSTMENTS TO ITEMS THAT ARE NOT SUCCESSFUL---after 1st halves, after losses, after wins, after timeouts

G. CREATIVENESS IN PLAYS---plays created to maximize players strengths, plays after a timeout to put a player in position to be successful or to attack an opponents weakness, plays created to minimize touches of certain players, plays created to POST up players, to ISO players

FEEL FREE to list more than one LETTER
    A Looks like a somewhat motion based offense. Problem we dont have anyone that can really create or go to the hoop and score at end of shot clock. Cam can get there one day. PM great overall shooter. Can do it occassionally going to the bucket. As we all know, no inside presence.

B/C Inside game is big concern under Richman. Minutes/Subbing for some are very questionable and perplexing. Cam is only one who has truly impressed after coming off the bench. No one else has set themselves apart much, other than Rocky being our best big as well. What about a small ball lineup of Deng at the 5 more? We are almost to Feb and a bench rotation hasnt been 100% set.

D Defense hasnt been bad most of the season. We rebound well.

F Adjustments are concerning. But it doesnt help when were not hitting from outside and only leaning on 1 guy.

G No inside presence. Can we ball screen for anyone? What about using shooters as screeners? That's one way to get open looks. Think we could use more ball screens for Ward. Not much else. We are mostly a jump shooting team.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    The main issue I have is with Deng, force feed the guy minutes at this point and the same for Rocky. We need to develop our bigs, there is no reason not to be playing them big minutes. The juniors are not getting it done, I'd rather watch Deng or Rocky make a mistake than Dylan.

My main frustration is watching Paul play great and lose. He has had some fantastic games and hasn't had a lot of support at times. Maybe we can turn it around and get some more consistency from Ward and Cam. Would be nice if one of them turned the corner and had a month of steady play, really looking for that young player to emerge who is going to be the guy to lean on next year because obviously Paul won't there to be that guy anymore.
    One problem I have is no, Deng hasnt been great and disappears a lot, but no one has really proven to eat up his minutes either

I watched Josh Vaughn and his Dickinson Bluehawks defeat UOf Jimmies last Friday night. Impressed with the way he coached. He was calm but ALWAYS instructing his team during play. He ripped them several times during timeouts. Just wonder if there is a coaching change someday is his a guy to target?
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.