Page 36 of 61 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison Basketball Team ISSUES

Default Re: Bison Basketball Team ISSUES

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    I'm really glad that in context you agree with everything else. It's hard to argue with the stats when they're right in front of you.
    Still waiting for you to argue with my stats. Cat must have your tongue?
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Bison basketball culture. DR talks about it all the time. What is it exactly? One of our best players leaves to play at Pacific? Players regressing. No consistency other than Miller. Does that sound line a well coached team and one with a culture?

I have nothing against the coach but he owns this. His recruits. His staff. His program. Sad part is how bad we are going to be next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Still waiting for you to argue with my stats. Cat must have your tongue?
    I'm not sure if you're really serious, but without LA, he has one 20 win season in which he took the team to the finals of the conference tournament, a 19 win season in which they were they best team in the conference all year and then shit the bed at the end, and then this season which hasn't even played out yet, and will likely end with a Summit one or two and done. Hardly terrible by any means, especially when you compare Saul Phillips had 2 losing seasons at NDSU . I don't know how long Richman lasts at NDSU, but I really don't think he'll ever have a losing season like Phillips did, even counting this year.

People can be upset all they want, I'm not particularly pleased with his coaching either, but looking at his stats right in front of you, in comparison with previous coaches and what NDSU really expects from their basketball program, I wouldn't expect any changes any time soon unless he continues to Rocky Hager the basketball program over a long period of time, which is very well looking to be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    Bison basketball culture. DR talks about it all the time. What is it exactly? One of our best players leaves to play at Pacific? Players regressing. No consistency other than Miller. Does that sound line a well coached team and one with a culture?

I have nothing against the coach but he owns this. His recruits. His staff. His program. Sad part is how bad we are going to be next year.

Be prepared to ignore the "young" conversations people around here have talked about for a while now, while watching Dex leave to absolutely no inside presence this year, and to Paul Miller leaving and very likely having no explosive scoring next year. NDSU basketball has been trending in the wrong direction since late February last year, and it's really hard to see any kind of end to this slide. Back to the early 2000s and forever before that with NDSU basketball mediocrity.

I'm not sure if you're really serious, but without LA, he has one 20 win season in which he took the team to the finals of the conference tournament, a 19 win season in which they were they best team in the conference all year and then shit the bed at the end, and then this season which hasn't even played out yet, and will likely end with a Summit one or two and done. Hardly terrible by any means, especially when you compare Saul Phillips had 2 losing seasons at NDSU . I don't know how long Richman lasts at NDSU, but I really don't think he'll ever have a losing season like Phillips did, even counting this year.

People can be upset all they want, I'm not particularly pleased with his coaching either, but looking at his stats right in front of you, in comparison with previous coaches and what NDSU really expects from their basketball program, I wouldn't expect any changes any time soon unless he continues to Rocky Hager the basketball program over a long period of time, which is very well looking to be the case.
    Sorry, I thought you were a Richman apologist. I must have mistook what you said. Carry on.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

I'll gladly have two losing seasons if it results in what Saul eventually accomplished. After the big four graduated there was literally nothing left but Tveidt and some bench players that never played, while they lacked talent they busted their ass every night. I could accept it and with Saul you could see the progression from one season to the next. I can't accept this uninspired brand of basketball and stagnant program that Richman has established here.

Richman has a great record but it isn't really that impressive when you look for high level accomplishments...nothing remotely on the level of Saul or Miles. The loss to IUPUI in the Summit tournament is easily the worst loss in our entire DI history. You watch him coach and nothing makes me think he'll ever have real high level success with the offensive system he runs. I've said over and over he needs to make changes and outside of some subtle tweaks he has done nothing. He struggles horrifically making adjustments, he played AJ a ton last year when he was hurting the team and also Gue will play great in games but not see any extra run. Not sure why you wouldn't want to develop our most athletic player who can impact the game in so many ways. It is really kind of sad, when we hired him I thought he was going to be a progressive young coach, looking to make his mark. Take the best of some really good coaches he has worked under and put it work. I wish he would step back, watch this team play and ask himself if this is the brand of basketball he wanted when he took over this job because if it is not he might want to make some changes or he may never get an opportunity like this again.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by RedRiver View Post
    Team is just inconsistent. They can win on the road at Missouri St. who is 14-5 and one of the top MVC teams and at South Dakota which is one of the top Summit teams and then lay an egg at home. This Bison team is up and down and as professor said maybe at the end of the year they will be up.
    Maybe. Or maybe they’ll be down. Again.

The guy can’t coach.

It’s becoming obvious.

If wanting Bison basketball to be a conference contender every year means “I don’t understand college basketball at this level” or I’m not a real fan then I guess I’m the fool.

I think with Richman we can compete towards the top every year. No? No, this team isnt as good as the SD schools this year, but is this not where we expected to be? A lot of season left, well see where we finish but 3rd/4th is about where ppl thought we'd be. Some said worse. The bad thing is we still have more road conf games left compared to home.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Maybe. Or maybe they’ll be down. Again.

The guy can’t coach.

It’s becoming obvious.

If wanting Bison basketball to be a conference contender every year means “I don’t understand college basketball at this level” or I’m not a real fan then I guess I’m the fool.

I agree. Where is our arrogant AD to witness this mess we have. Why have so many transferred out? Sure could use Kai.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BISONFAN4LIFE View Post
    I agree. Where is our arrogant AD to witness this mess we have. Why have so many transferred out? Sure could use Kai.
    So many transferred out? We've only had one player leave that saw any playing time and to be honest I'd take Cam over Khy any day of the week. Khy was a better defender but Cam is a better offensive player as a Freshman than Khy was last year. I definitely don't agree with a lot Richman does personnel wise but I wouldn't call it a mess either.