Page 34 of 61 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison Basketball Team ISSUES

Default Re: Bison Basketball Team ISSUES

Quote Originally Posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
    Worst game of the year for SDSU down there. I don’t think they’ve ever played well at the Pentagon.

I was at the game last night. UND flat out sucks. They have no one underneath and looked like a D2 team. SDSU shot the ball well but that’s because they posted Daum, etc. Telly and Howell were posting up their guys, too. The only two players they have are the big guy underneath with the brace and Crandall.

Also, UNDs coach is a big whiner and the players take on his personality.
    Jones at UND is an embarrassment. Awful conduct on the court.
    College of Business Alumnus

Putting Hunter and Eliason in the starting five has been a positive move. As others have said, depth is a strength of this team.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Putting Hunter and Eliason in the starting five has been a positive move. As others have said, depth is a strength of this team.
    Agree with these two moves.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Sure glad we scheduled VCSU and Jamestown or we'd be UNDER .500 at home

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Here is to hoping that Nebraska and Miles part ways in a few years and he decides that he wants to come back home and rebuild NDSU basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Here is to hoping that Nebraska and Miles part ways in a few years and he decides that he wants to come back home and rebuild NDSU basketball.
    Miles would have a plethora of other offers much better than NDSU if/whenever he parts ways with Nebraska. If he did come to NDSU, he could rebuild the bare cupboard, which was very similar to how he left it for Phillips, which was very similar to how Phillips left it for Richman. If these coaches had time to build the program with some stability befofore they left, we may not be so devout of talent (bigs) that we are now.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    Miles would have a plethora of other offers much better than NDSU if/whenever he parts ways with Nebraska. If he did come to NDSU, he could rebuild the bare cupboard, which was very similar to how he left it for Phillips, which was very similar to how Phillips left it for Richman. If these coaches had time to build the program with some stability befofore they left, we may not be so devout of talent (bigs) that we are now.
    So leaving the best team in the history of NDSU for Saul to coach as seniors is leaving the cupboard bare?

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    Saul went to the NCAA tourney his second year and to the second round his 7th season. Richman coached NDSU to the second round of the NCAA tourney his 1st year and has a 69-40 record in four seasons. That is hardly leaving the cupboard bare. In fact, Tim Miles can be credited with setting Phillips up and Phillips setting Richman up. Miles is the only coach of the three not to win a conference title. The only one of the three to not coach a Bison team to the dance. Of the three mentioned, Miles had the worse winning percentage, yet the very next coach was very successful with Miles' recruits. In fact, Phillips started losing when he ran out of Miles' recruits and learned how to build his own team. Richman has done very well with the team Phillips has left him and now we get to start seeing him with teams of all his own recruits.

I love Tim Miles and started following him when he took his first job at Mayville State. I said then would be a D1 coach someday at a big program. He also didn't have the success as his successors because of things like transition period and things like that, but he certainly didn't leave the cupboard bare. That is simply ignorant.

The main issue Saul faced was that the program was all in with that one class, plus the transition made recruiting difficult. Tim definitely didn't leave the cupboard bare, some lean years were unavoidable.

Dave did a great job his first year, he had LA and KB and a ton of youth. He got everything he could out of that team.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    So leaving the best team in the history of NDSU for Saul to coach as seniors is leaving the cupboard bare?
    Did you not see all the Division 2 guys Saul had to work with the following year, that set this program back to 2 losing seasons? I love Tim Miles, but for a division 1 college, he had exactly 1 really good recruiting class in his entire tenure. I really liked Saul Phillips, but he had exactly 1 really good recruiting class in his entire tenure, not to mention he basically left the program bare in more terms of bigs. That's not exactly a blueprint for sustained success that everyone here keeps thinking NDSU is somehow entitled too. Richman has put together good classes, but he's yet to have that great one that pushes him through like it did with the other 2 and he's shown an inability to do anything with bigmen.
    Last edited by silkamilkamonico; 01-13-2018 at 04:26 PM.