Page 33 of 61 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison Basketball Team ISSUES

Default Re: Bison Basketball Team ISSUES

Quote Originally Posted by BisonFan02 View Post
    SDSU just beat that same UND team 99 to 63....a similar margin the Bison just beat Clown College VCSU. I guess keep pumping up that Whioux win?
    If you look at the box score of the NDSU/UND and SDSU/UND games they're actually strikingly similar with one exception; the FT disparity. SDSU outscored UND 28 to 10 from the charity stripe tonight whereas last Saturday UND outscored NDSU 29 to 7. That's a 40 point swing. It does underscore the fact that the Bison need to be more aggressive offensively and get to the line more often but beyond that SDSU didn't really do anything to UND that NDSU didn't already do.

One interesting tidbit is SDSU played UND at home whereas the Bison played them in Grand Forks. Hmmmm.....

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    If you look at the box score of the NDSU/UND and SDSU/UND games they're actually strikingly similar with one exception; the FT disparity. SDSU outscored UND 28 to 10 from the charity stripe tonight whereas last Saturday UND outscored NDSU 29 to 7. That's a 40 point swing. It does underscore the fact that the Bison need to be more aggressive offensively and get to the line more often but beyond that SDSU didn't really do anything to UND that NDSU didn't already do.

One interesting tidbit is SDSU played UND at home whereas the Bison played them in Grand Forks. Hmmmm.....
    I will agree we need more dribble penetration . Get fouled make free throws or we get a layup. Key though is you better make the free throws. I still say this team is coming into it own. Yes we beat the crap out of vcsu. But if we would have won by 5 people would be bitching about that. We shot 70% from the field, only attempted 18 threes. We did get lazy on assignments a couple of times. Bench player got important minutes and key players got some rest.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post

This is definitely a big part of it, UND went a few long stretches without actually making a shot, if we could've avoided sending them to the line so much they woulda had no chance of staying in it. The other big difference in the matchup for SDSU is they have Daum, an inside presence. UND has absolutely nobody that can guard him 1 on 1, we don't have an offensive threat like that down low.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonFan02 View Post
    SDSU just beat that same UND team 99 to 63....a similar margin the Bison just beat Clown College VCSU. I guess keep pumping up that Whioux win?
    Considering the locations of the game could possibly be a 15-20 point swing even more. I won't say much for our offense against SDSU, but I can assure you they won't be scoring at will against our defense like they did against UND. Not sure if it will matter, this SDSU team could wind up being one of ythe best teams to ever come out of the Summit.

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    Considering the locations of the game could possibly be a 15-20 point swing even more. I won't say much for our offense against SDSU, but I can assure you they won't be scoring at will against our defense like they did against UND. Not sure if it will matter, this SDSU team could wind up being one of ythe best teams to ever come out of the Summit.
    I'm super impressed with SDSU this season. Way more of a complete team this season compared to last year. Daum can have an off night and they can still win. That wasn't the case last year.

Their biggest issue is bodies. They are down to 9 players unless they pull a redshirt. They had kid leave the program and a kid break his elbow this week. Good news for them neither played big minutes.

Sent from my KFFOWI using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post
    I'm super impressed with SDSU this season. Way more of a complete team this season compared to last year. Daum can have an off night and they can still win. That wasn't the case last year.

Their biggest issue is bodies. They are down to 9 players unless they pull a redshirt. They had kid leave the program and a kid break his elbow this week. Good news for them neither played big minutes.

Was it SDSU or USD had a player with a broken elbow or forearm last year?
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Was it SDSU or USD had a player with a broken elbow or forearm last year?
    That was SDSU.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post

SDSU got embarrassed by MO St and could not throw it in the ocean. So I’m not ready to crown them.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    Both SD teams are going to be tough to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    SDSU got embarrassed by MO St and could not throw it in the ocean. So I’m not ready to crown them.
    Worst game of the year for SDSU down there. I don’t think they’ve ever played well at the Pentagon.

I was at the game last night. UND flat out sucks. They have no one underneath and looked like a D2 team. SDSU shot the ball well but that’s because they posted Daum, etc. Telly and Howell were posting up their guys, too. The only two players they have are the big guy underneath with the brace and Crandall.

Also, UNDs coach is a big whiner and the players take on his personality.