Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison Basketball Team ISSUES

Default Re: Bison Basketball Team ISSUES

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    I think what he meant as not too many people expected much out of a 6'6" center from Bismarck when we recruited him, I was one who was curious if he had the game for this level but I trusted our staff wouldn't have brought him in if they didn't think so and he's absolutely been a favorite of mine, nobody gives more effort than him and shows that heart and determination can take you a long way.
    You can see the the thoughts of Dexter during recruiting in this thread: http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...409#post639409

Burgundy was right on the money in post #1.

You gotta take these "Sky is falling" threads with a grain of salt... I bet this thread was started in response to a disappointing game. Well, I've seen enough game day threads to know that people react very emotionally... cripes, the SDSU game (that NDSU won) is a perfect example. SDSU was playing zone and NDSU wasn't hitting outside shots - result was a big halftime deficit and a lot of people were freaking out. Luckily the coach and team kept their poise or that'd have been a huge loss. Anyway, I guess people need to vent, and I bet that most of the time they cool down...

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    You can see the the thoughts of Dexter during recruiting in this thread: http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...409#post639409

Burgundy was right on the money in post #1.

You gotta take these "Sky is falling" threads with a grain of salt... I bet this thread was started in response to a disappointing game. Well, I've seen enough game day threads to know that people react very emotionally... cripes, the SDSU game (that NDSU won) is a perfect example. SDSU was playing zone and NDSU wasn't hitting outside shots - result was a big halftime deficit and a lot of people were freaking out. Luckily the coach and team kept their poise or that'd have been a huge loss. Anyway, I guess people need to vent, and I bet that most of the time they cool down...
    Yeah, this thread was started right after the UND in Fargo debacle. Just to illustrate how far this team came in just 6 weeks:

Paul Miller:
    12/7 vs UND: 0 points, 0-8 FG, 0-4 3PT, 3 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 TO
    1/19 vs FW: 33 points, 9-15 FG, 7-10 3PT, 3 rebounds, 1 assist, 3 TOs
    1/21 @ WIU: 19 points, 6-9 FG, 4-4 3PT, 9 rebounds, 3 assists, 0 TOs

Khy Kabellis:
    12/7 vs UND: 2 points, 1-10 FG, 0-4 3PT, 1 rebound, 2 assist, 5 TOs
    1/19 vs FW: 25 points, 8-13 FG, 5-9 3PT, 2 rebounds, 6 assists, 3 TOs

AJ Jacobson
    12/7 vs UND: 7 points, 3-8 FG, 1-5 3PT, 4 rebounds, 0 assist, 1 TO
    1/21 @ WIU: 23 points, 8-11 FG, 6-7 3PT, 6 rebounds, 0 assists, 3 TOs

Combined:
    12/7 vs UND: 9 points, 4-26 FG, 1-13 3PT, 8 rebounds, 3 assists, 7 TOs,
    1/19 vs FW: 64 points, 19-33 FG, 13-20 3PT, 12 rebounds, 9 assists, 6 TOs
    1/21 @ WIU: 46 points, 16-29 FG, 10-12 3 PT, 17 rebounds, 9 assists, 6 TOs

Just goes to show that this team goes as their backcourt goes.

Or, how about this one....

Dylan Miller:
    12/7 vs UND: 2 minutes, 0 points, 0-0 FG, 0 rebounds, 0 blocks
    1/19 vs FW: 13 minutes, 6 points, 3-4 FG, 0 rebounds, 4 blocks
    1/21 @ WIU: 17 minutes, 11 points, 4-5 FG, 4 rebounds, 2 blocks

Consistency is key but if those 4 guys stay at the level they've been at over the last 2 games or just have a minimal drop-off in play this team will be dancing in March.

The team has been on fire since the Denver game. Not sure what happened out there but it's been a completely different team since that game. Everyone seems to be playing with much more energy and urgency. Hope they haven't peaked too soon and can keep it up through tourney time.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    The team has been on fire since the Denver game. Not sure what happened out there but it's been a completely different team since that game. Everyone seems to be playing with much more energy and urgency. Hope they haven't peaked too soon and can keep it up through tourney time.
    The crazy part is Saturday's game was the first full complete 40 minute game we've played all season. Even against IPFW as well as we played there was a lot of lapses on defense so in my opinion I think we are still on the way to the peak. Guys like Dylan, Tyson, Deng and Jared are settling into the rotation and playing more consistently, especially Dylan, if he keeps this up and we can continue to shoot at a high level we are going to be a very tough team to beat down the stretch as I know Dave will get the defense back on track like we saw on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    The crazy part is Saturday's game was the first full complete 40 minute game we've played all season. Even against IPFW as well as we played there was a lot of lapses on defense so in my opinion I think we are still on the way to the peak. Guys like Dylan, Tyson, Deng and Jared are settling into the rotation and playing more consistently, especially Dylan, if he keeps this up and we can continue to shoot at a high level we are going to be a very tough team to beat down the stretch as I know Dave will get the defense back on track like we saw on Saturday.
    I agree that the WIU game was the most complete game they've played this season. If they play like that they will be tough to beat.

Team issue was 100% coaching issue.

Dave Richman left a lot to be desired as a head coach this year.

- Random offense with no set plays to get the team easy looks when the offense is struggling.
    - inability to develop a bench.
    - inability to hold individual players accountable for their struggles. If a player is struggling, pull him for crying out loud.
    - absolutely no adjustment for dams cracking throughout the game. Absolutely no adjustment whatsoever.
    - call a Timeout for crying out loud.

The worst thing of all, if the biggest game of the year, it looked like he just quit on those players. The way they came out uninspired sure is a reflection of the coaching staff as well.

Just unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post

- Random offense with no set plays to get the team easy looks when the offense is struggling.
    - inability to hold individual players accountable for their struggles. If a player is struggling, pull him for crying out loud.
    - absolutely no adjustment for dams cracking throughout the game. Absolutely no adjustment whatsoever.

The worst thing of all, if the biggest game of the year, it looked like he just quit on those players. The way they came out uninspired sure is a reflection of the coaching staff as well.

Just unbelievable.
    Everything that guy just said.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

blow it up. havent done squat in 3 years
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post

Just unbelievable.
    Yup, can't argue with any of this. Our offense looked like a first game of the year city league team in the 2nd half!

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    Yup, can't argue with any of this. Our offense looked like a first game of the year city league team in the 2nd half!
    I call Dexter for my city league team