Page 29 of 61 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison Basketball Team ISSUES

Default Re: Bison Basketball Team ISSUES

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    Craig was hired at usd before Saul left he would have loved to return to fargo....
    We have Dave and we will be fine
    I think we will make a run in conference and this will be forgotten
    This team doesn't have the scorer to take over a game like Lawrence Alexander.

Good to make that claim now in early December when we forget about it in March and they lose round 1 of the summit

Maybe coach is smarter than the rest of us. After all the non conference schedule counts for nothing more than getting playing time and seeing what your rotations are. We could 14-0 in non conference and sweep thru conference play at 16-0. Lose first round of Summit tourney and we are not going to the dance. Basically we need to win 3 games in conference tourney. 30-1 could not go to the dance but 3-30 could go. Take that in for a second.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Maybe coach is smarter than the rest of us. After all the non conference schedule counts for nothing more than getting playing time and seeing what your rotations are. We could 14-0 in non conference and sweep thru conference play at 16-0. Lose first round of Summit tourney and we are not going to the dance. Basically we need to win 3 games in conference tourney. 30-1 could not go to the dance but 3-30 could go. Take that in for a second.
    Well they only take the top 6 teams.

Either way I get what you mean, but no way in hell this ndsu team is built to suddenly get hot at the right time. Their seniors aren't the type to suddenly take leadership and go on a run. AJ and Paul could have a great first round game then score 9 combined points the second round and ndsu loses.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    IM not the biggest Dave R fan, but this is a really bad take. Have you seen Duke's coach K on the sideline? If this is why they wont play better, then I would question who we are recruiting more than the coaches demeanor. As a matter of fact when he got into it at UND last year I was glad to finally see some fire from him.
    Did you just put DR in the same sentence as Coach K? Good grief, Bobby Knight is an a hole and his style would not work today.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Incorrect. All eight teams participate in the Summit tournament.

533 In a row

GRAFTONBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Not singling this post out, but our goal each year should be a 12-14 seed in the NCAA Tournament, not sneaking in as a 16 seed play-in game. Hate this argument. Rant over, flame away!

Quote Originally Posted by GRAFTONBISON View Post
    Not singling this post out, but our goal each year should be a 12-14 seed in the NCAA Tournament, not sneaking in as a 16 seed play-in game. Hate this argument. Rant over, flame away!
    And yet with all the handwringing about how bad this 2017 Bison team is they're still in the top 100 (#92) in the RPI which is 3rd in the Summit behind SDSU (#65) and USD (#88).

Quote Originally Posted by GRAFTONBISON View Post
    I agree with you and I am as hard on Coach as well. But the non conference games really recordwise mean almost nothing. Yes 12-14 see is better than play in game.
    thread drift: SDSU women look unstoppable right now against P5 teams. What is the highest they will ever be ranked of seeded into the tourney? Will never crack the top 25 but could get a vote or two and will not be higher than a 11 seed.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

RedRiver is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post

Either way I get what you mean, but no way in hell this ndsu team is built to suddenly get hot at the right time. Their seniors aren't the type to suddenly take leadership and go on a run. AJ and Paul could have a great first round game then score 9 combined points the second round and ndsu loses.
    True, but this NDSU team is built to improve each week to the Summit tourney. Why, because 10 of the 14 players that are on the roster are either freshman or sophomores who are still learning on the job. No excuses for them, just a fact.

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Not starting Dex means absolutely nothing. He was usually brought in within a few minutes of play. It is not like he didn't play until there was 10 minutes left in the half.
    Not starting your right---not a huge deal...but when he averaged between 18-24 minutes a game WAS a big deal! 22.1 JR year 24.6 SR year NOWWWWWW WHATTTTTTTTTTTT