Page 23 of 61 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison Basketball Team ISSUES

Default Re: Bison Basketball Team ISSUES

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    What has happened to them? Paul is probably the 4th best player on the team(in his current role, anyway) and AJ is worse than that. I also had high hopes for both of them. I guess we will see. Young talent is certainly there right now. If Hunter continues the way he played last night, I won't remember Khy for long.
    I just have a feeling the team will be better when Paul is gone. I guess I've never gotten over him getting benched for a bad attitude (I know...how long ago was that?). It just seems like he pouts at times...and that is probably magnified for me. I just don't see him as a leader...or at least a good one...and chemistry suffers. With Khy leaving, it just makes me think their is a me attitude on the team rather than a team attitude.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    I just have a feeling the team will be better when Paul is gone. I guess I've never gotten over him getting benched for a bad attitude (I know...how long ago was that?). It just seems like he pouts at times...and that is probably magnified for me. I just don't see him as a leader...or at least a good one...and chemistry suffers. With Khy leaving, it just makes me think their is a me attitude on the team rather than a team attitude.
    I agree with you TAB, but I am also worried if we have a coach who has the same issue.....with that said, solid effort last night, so I will tip my hat on that.

I think people read too much into stuff. I do know this...this team will only be as good as their seniors..and last night those seniors SUCKED. I have no confidence in AJ. NONE. It is tough. Great kid, super bright future, been a bison for 22 years already. He offers a lot on the court other than offense, so it is hard to judge him by a box score, I hope people are aware of that. BUT...we NEED him to score. He was a better offensive player as a sophomore. I personally love Paul. Kid is so competitive. He looks like a total dick, because he competes. He is being asked to play a difference positive because a 2 year starter (with two more to play) quit on his team. You think it is easy to just switch positions? He is doing it for the team. I admire that. I also know how hard he works, and it is bordering on psycho. We will only go as far as those two kids take us.

With that said, the best players on the team are kids. The youth is fun. I hope we let Rocky get a ton of minutes. He is going to be a good one. Deng...just play him. Live with the mental lapses as he is still grasping the game. Imagine not growing up with the game, he lacks normal game flow...but he shows it time and time again when he gets a chance. The future at point guard just showed up. Enough said. I hope we roll with him and move paul to his normal spot and go. That is a good team. I get excited about where these guys are going. Last night was fun. We lost in the last two minutes of each half. Critical and we can grow from it.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    I think people read too much into stuff. I do know this...this team will only be as good as their seniors..and last night those seniors SUCKED. I have no confidence in AJ. NONE. It is tough. Great kid, super bright future, been a bison for 22 years already. He offers a lot on the court other than offense, so it is hard to judge him by a box score, I hope people are aware of that. BUT...we NEED him to score. He was a better offensive player as a sophomore. I personally love Paul. Kid is so competitive. He looks like a total dick, because he competes. He is being asked to play a difference positive because a 2 year starter (with two more to play) quit on his team. You think it is easy to just switch positions? He is doing it for the team. I admire that. I also know how hard he works, and it is bordering on psycho. We will only go as far as those two kids take us.

With that said, the best players on the team are kids. The youth is fun. I hope we let Rocky get a ton of minutes. He is going to be a good one. Deng...just play him. Live with the mental lapses as he is still grasping the game. Imagine not growing up with the game, he lacks normal game flow...but he shows it time and time again when he gets a chance. The future at point guard just showed up. Enough said. I hope we roll with him and move paul to his normal spot and go. That is a good team. I get excited about where these guys are going. Last night was fun. We lost in the last two minutes of each half. Critical and we can grow from it.
    I believe Paul works hard...he just doesn't strike me as a team player. He seems like the good player my kids play with/against that are just looking for their shot...the kind of player that sees it as him against the other team.

Again, I might be too hard on him...didn't get to see the game last night with Paul playing the new position.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Paul should not be a pg. Let him work and get open for his shot. Paul's defense is underrated. IMO he plays solid defense. AJ does bring a lot to the court, correct. He needs to look for his shot and take it. We will go as far as the two seniors take us. Paul and AJ lead this team to something special this year. You have the youth behind you to make it work. I agree with letting Dang just play. The kid is trying to makeup for time not spent on the court as a youth. Hunter continues he heady play then I am glad Eady is redshirting, would not have enough minutes at pg.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Paul should not be a pg. Let him work and get open for his shot. Paul's defense is underrated. IMO he plays solid defense. AJ does bring a lot to the court, correct. He needs to look for his shot and take it. We will go as far as the two seniors take us. Paul and AJ lead this team to something special this year. You have the youth behind you to make it work. I agree with letting Dang just play. The kid is trying to makeup for time not spent on the court as a youth. Hunter continues he heady play then I am glad Eady is redshirting, would not have enough minutes at pg.
    COrrect Paul shouldn't be a point guard...the quitter left....and left us with a Freshman...who after last night, certainly looks the part. Paul will have to continue to help out there. If you look at who we are recruiting....JUCO PG, you can tell that the quitter left us in a jam. Finally, Eady isn't a PG.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Hunter 1
    Paul 2
    Ward 3
    Geu 4
    Miller 5

AJ off the bench as the "spark" and Rocky the next guy on.... Samuelson in to shoot 3's. that's how you win the summit. Athleticism
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

COrrect Paul shouldn't be a point guard...the quitter left....and left us with a Freshman...who after last night, certainly looks the part. Paul will have to continue to help out there. If you look at who we are recruiting....JUCO PG, you can tell that the quitter left us in a jam. Finally, Eady isn't a PG.
    Agreed. Paul is not a PG and it is too bad we are left in this spot. Plays way better off the ball.

Is AJ healthy? I just can't believe a guy with his talent can only shoot the ball 2 times. If he is healthy that is unacceptable. To me AJ is starting to remind me of Bjelica for the wolves in the previous years. Seems like he has the perfect shot just for some reason shots don't fall. I have always thought he should light it up from downtown, but for some reason (maybe confidence) he just hasn't and doesn't even look to shoot it, which is the most odd part of the whole thing.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Like I said last night.. Tough to win in the summit when the players with jersey numbers in the 30s and 40s look like they just picked up a basketball for the first time last week.

Zero skill there. Daum is going to kill them

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Hunter 1
    Paul 2
    Ward 3
    Geu 4
    Miller 5

AJ off the bench as the "spark" and Rocky the next guy on.... Samuelson in to shoot 3's. that's how you win the summit. Athleticism
    I like that....COACHES let Cam grow as PG in non conference play
    let your SENIOR SG focus on SCORING--cuz we damn well need it
    Let Ward play SF since better athlete and defender
    Geu NEEDS to play minutes PERIOD...i've been complaining about this since LAST YEAR
    Miller holds a spot---

AJ can come off bench than his production is justified

Samuelson can backup 2/3 and concentrate on shooting

Rocky backup Deng and Spencer backup Dylan Miller

Think 16-18 win team----maybe worse if coach doesn't adjust and play young guy bigger minutes