Page 22 of 61 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison Basketball Team ISSUES

Default Re: Bison Basketball Team ISSUES

Quote Originally Posted by BisonJD View Post
    He transferred to Pacific, which I would argue is a step down from NDSU. They play in the WCC with Gonzaga, St. Marys, and BYU....the rest of the conference is dreadful. Still, the WCC is a step up from the SL when compared in a vacuum. When you factor in how terrible Pacific was a program, that makes the move more puzzling. Pacific was 11-22 as they welcomed in new coach, Damon Stoudamire (former UA PG and NBA vet). Pacific is closer to home for Khy, but you're heading to program that literally has NO CHANCE of making the Tournament during his tenure. Maybe Stoudamire turns it around and they start building something...I doubt they get to a point of challenging Zaga/St Marys/BYU. I don't get the move unless he was really uncomfortable in the program. If the move was made to "play at higher level" I think it missed the mark.
    Yep, JD nailed it. I had not thought about it much at the time, but the longer since it happened, the more I started to worry with all those other issues that have happened. The is a watershed year for Coach. If they tank, and more "goofy" stuff happens, his seat will be officially hot for the first time.

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by wcb_sas View Post
    I think there are a lot of kids using the graduate transfer option ... particularly as an option to move up a level or conference tier and there are "lack of playing time" transfers ... but I have a hard time finding transfers like Khy. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough

Attached is a link of 2017 college bball transfers:

http://www.verbalcommits.com/transfers/2017

The list has 749 D1 transfers with an average star rating of 2.32. Of that 428 (57%) have immediate eligibility - i.e. moving down a level or a graduate transfer.
    Of the subset Khy is part of, 93 of the 321 non-immediate eligible transfers are Sophomore standing 29%.

I don't think Khy going from NDSU to Pacific is necessarily a "developmental" move upwards and maybe it is simple as a California kid wanting to get back home and not spend winters in Fargo ND.

Great website link. Thanks. It was amazing to see all that info in one place.

Perhaps the most notable transfer on the list is actually a pair of brothers transferring from Memphis to Kansas.

http://www.cbssports.com/college-bas...ing-to-kansas/

"The newest Jayhawks combined to average 31.5 points, 18.0 rebounds and 6.1 assists this season."
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Quote Originally Posted by wcb_sas View Post
    Disagree ... kids who are 2-year starters, a leader in minutes played ... do not leave programs all that often. Kids who aren't playing or who aren't getting the minutes they think they deserve leave ... not kids who have been starting since his foot hit the ground in Fargo.
    It happens more than you think.

With listening to all the talk leading into the season, what was everyone's impression of Coach R making a big deal about players being committed going into the current season? I'd usually not worry about it, but we had the tourney implosion last year, and Kly flying out of the nest. Was I crazy to think this could have been part of Kly leaving?

It's been one game, but a few years ago I was really looking forward to Paul and AJs senior years. Thought wed be really special, but Im not confident now

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    With listening to all the talk leading into the season, what was everyone's impression of Coach R making a big deal about players being committed going into the current season? I'd usually not worry about it, but we had the tourney implosion last year, and Kly flying out of the nest. Was I crazy to think this could have been part of Kly leaving?
    Coach commented on the coaches show last week when him and Paul had an issue. His comments was he told Paul that he (coach himself) was not going anywhere and that Paul should fall in line or leave basically. I know Paul has had an attitude in past years but last year IMO he played the hardest and best of anyone on the team outside of Dex a few games. Paul is the heartbeat of this team.
    I am still not sold on Richman but that is not really for me to buy into either.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Coach commented on the coaches show last week when him and Paul had an issue. His comments was he told Paul that he (coach himself) was not going anywhere and that Paul should fall in line or leave basically. I know Paul has had an attitude in past years but last year IMO he played the hardest and best of anyone on the team outside of Dex a few games. Paul is the heartbeat of this team.
    I am still not sold on Richman but that is not really for me to buy into either.
    Pretty much my thoughts exactly. If I were the AD, and I certainly am not, this would be a big year for coach in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    Pretty much my thoughts exactly. If I were the AD, and I certainly am not, this would be a big year for coach in my eyes.
    Believe it or not, I️ listened to Long interview of Richman by Jeff C. last week and found it weird that Richman has changed the way he speaks. He now has a sort of coach slang/tone that comes across in a personal cocky-arrogant way and or with a sort of accent. He’s from Wahpeton, right?

It was odd and not very becoming of him IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    It's been one game, but a few years ago I was really looking forward to Paul and AJs senior years. Thought wed be really special, but Im not confident now
    What has happened to them? Paul is probably the 4th best player on the team(in his current role, anyway) and AJ is worse than that. I also had high hopes for both of them. I guess we will see. Young talent is certainly there right now. If Hunter continues the way he played last night, I won't remember Khy for long.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Hope the team is gelling, but yes the 5 spot is a mess. Someone step up and own that spot.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.