Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison Basketball Team ISSUES

Default Re: Bison Basketball Team ISSUES

I will give my opinion in 2 months. Major changes in how this team and Paul has reacted in the last 2 weeks but it has only been 2 weeks. Man we are going the right way though.

I will take this every day over the coach to the south who refuses to change from a defense style that continually gets shredded.

Yeah it's like we can't discuss current affairs on here or something....

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Dex's play has lifted this team. He is the leader by example, and it has been consistent.

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    Dex's play has lifted this team. He is the leader by example, and it has been consistent.

Dex's play has been there all year. What has changed is Paul Miller stepped up BIGTIME! Couple that with Khy playing better and the freshman improving every game.

Dex has definitely with his play all year. I said earlier we needed Miller and AJ to start leading. Thought we needed both to step up. I was wrong. Miller has taken his play to another level and AJ has been average.

Huge props to the coaching staff! Whatever they have done to light a fire under Miller is impressive. He looks like a totally different player. Could be CPY if he continues.

Paul is a big time talent who is ultra competitive. I am sure the coaching staff said somethings to him but it was much more about Paul getting out of his own head and starting to make some shots. He has been on an absolute tear the last couple of weeks!

I hope Dex taught us all one thing.....kids improve the longer they are here. Dex wasn't a fan favorite when he was recruited. Dex wasn't a fan favorite as a younger kid. Now he is idolized by everyone. I absolutely LOVE his leadership. I hope we are patient with some of the younger kids. I know it takes time to develop and everyone is different. I couldn't be more excited with some of our youth on this team. Going to be fun for years to come. Congrats to Big Dex on his continued development. What an impressive young kid
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

?

Always liked guy. Dude went toe to toe with the Zags.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    ?

Always liked guy. Dude went toe to toe with the Zags.
    I think what he meant as not too many people expected much out of a 6'6" center from Bismarck when we recruited him, I was one who was curious if he had the game for this level but I trusted our staff wouldn't have brought him in if they didn't think so and he's absolutely been a favorite of mine, nobody gives more effort than him and shows that heart and determination can take you a long way.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Yeah it's like we can't discuss current affairs on here or something....
    They aren't discussed as current affairs though. That's the problem "Paul's not a leader." "Dave can't coach offense". "AJ is soft". "Dylan is worthless." "Why can't we get NDSCS transfers?" "They're dumb for not starting Dexter". These aren't current events. They are sweeping declarations and overreactions. They were dumb then and they are dumb now. All Dave has done since taking over a team that graduated basically everyone is put an outstanding product on the floor for 2.5 seasons.
    Now this is the law of the prairie
    As old and as true as the sky
    And the Bison that keep it will prosper
    And the Bison that break it will die
    As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk
    This law is the final word:
    For the strength of the Herd is the Bison
    And the strength of the Bison is the Herd.

Some of the criticisms were fair and some were a little ridiculous.

The team has really turned the corner after having a rough stretch of games. Dylan is giving the minutes everyone expected from him, AJ is staying out of foul trouble while being more aggressive offensively, the team is taking better care of the basketball.

Dave has done a great job on a coaching the team up and making some adjustments here and there.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.