Page 18 of 61 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison Basketball Team ISSUES

Default Re: Bison Basketball Team ISSUES

I think Dylan kind of progressed then he kind of went back to the same old same old. He showed some flashes I guess, I wish you could combine him and Spencer. It seemed like to me that Spencer was much more active when he got minutes but he is a lot more rough around the edges.

Gue never really got a chance since he never really had any kind of consistent role when conference play started, for the team to contend next year he needs to become a more consistent defender. He has so much potential to just wreck havoc with this length and athleticism. We don't need a ton of scoring from him, just need him to be a factor on the glass and defensively.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post

Gue never really got a chance since he never really had any kind of consistent role when conference play started, for the team to contend next year he needs to become a more consistent defender. He has so much potential to just wreck havoc with this length and athleticism. We don't need a ton of scoring from him, just need him to be a factor on the glass and defensively.
    Deng Gue is arguably the teams most athletic player. He's also very raw.

In this league you need guys like that on the court.

To address the "very raw" aspect ... he just needs time on the court. I hate it when coaches yank a kid because he's made a mistake. Sometimes you pull him to send a message but if you consistently do it - eventually the kid plays tentative. Additionally Gue needs court time to grow into his game.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by wcb_sas View Post
    Deng Gue is arguably the teams most athletic player. He's also very raw.

In this league you need guys like that on the court.

To address the "very raw" aspect ... he just needs time on the court. I hate it when coaches yank a kid because he's made a mistake. Sometimes you pull him to send a message but if you consistently do it - eventually the kid plays tentative. Additionally Gue needs court time to grow into his game.
    He's going to get it next year I do believe. Offensively he's shown flashes of brilliance, he can get to the rim better than anybody else on the team with his length and can be a presence defensively but as stated he's just raw. It's the little things like the traveling violations on his first step he made occasionally, silly fouls and just getting lost on defense here and there that hurt his playing time but when you have a guy like Carlin Dupree who can get to the rim and is a very solid defender is hard to put him on the bench as a senior and have Geu out there making mistakes. With Dupree & Dex gone, Geu has just been made the 6th man on this team and with another off season of progression he could reach 6th man of the year status with his talent level given the opportunity. I think just knowing he's going to get more minutes and not bench as soon as he makes a mistake will allow him to play more relaxed and much better overall. I have my fingers crossed that is how he is utilized and will perform.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    He's going to get it next year I do believe. Offensively he's shown flashes of brilliance, he can get to the rim better than anybody else on the team with his length and can be a presence defensively but as stated he's just raw. It's the little things like the traveling violations on his first step he made occasionally, silly fouls and just getting lost on defense here and there that hurt his playing time but when you have a guy like Carlin Dupree who can get to the rim and is a very solid defender is hard to put him on the bench as a senior and have Geu out there making mistakes. With Dupree & Dex gone, Geu has just been made the 6th man on this team and with another off season of progression he could reach 6th man of the year status with his talent level given the opportunity. I think just knowing he's going to get more minutes and not bench as soon as he makes a mistake will allow him to play more relaxed and much better overall. I have my fingers crossed that is how he is utilized and will perform.
    Don't disagree but ...

Leonard 'Bones' McCoy: You know, back home we have a saying: "If you're gonna ride in the Kentucky Derby, you don't leave your prize stallion in the stable."
    The only way you remove the "raw" label is through experience. Sometimes you have to ride the mistakes to get to the "great". Plus I hate it when players make a mistake and immediately are looking to the bench to see if they're going to be subbed out. Creates tentativeness, indecision and subpar play.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    Don't disagree but ...

Leonard 'Bones' McCoy: You know, back home we have a saying: "If you're gonna ride in the Kentucky Derby, you don't leave your prize stallion in the stable."
    The only way you remove the "raw" label is through experience. Sometimes you have to ride the mistakes to get to the "great". Plus I hate it when players make a mistake and immediately are looking to the bench to see if they're going to be subbed out. Creates tentativeness, indecision and subpar play.

Am i the only one who is very, very worried about where the program is headed with recent events? A brief list of items:

1. Carlin's departure and return
    2. Kabellis departure
    3. 1660 interview I heard late season where head coach threw team under a bus for a loss with no responsibility himself
    4. The fall of AJ
    5. Not using Dex enough as weapon
    6. Not getting Deng the minutes he needed
    7. Paul Miller issue during Summit tourney two years ago.

I am worried about the future. Please explain to me why wrong as I am pretty worried right now.

Do many "coincidences" for my liking, not to mention I see little hope he has enough horses this year. (which is another reason I was so frustrated on Deng with the flashes of being a major match up problem for teams)

I would LOVE for him to prove me wrong, but I am not seeing it right now. Do you have hope?
    Last edited by THEsocalledfan; 07-13-2017 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Am i the only one who is very, very worried about where the program is headed with recent events? A brief list of items:

2. Kabellis departure
    3. 1660 interview I heard late season where head coach threw team under a bus for a loss with no responsibility himself
    4. The fall of AJ
    6. Not getting Deng the minute he needed

I am worried about the future. Please explain to me why wrong as I am pretty worried right now.
    7 min
    Do many "coincidences" for my liking, not to mention I see little hope he has enough horses this year. (which is another reason I was so frustrated on Deng with the flashes of being a major match up problem for teams)
    5 min
    I would LOVE for him to prove me wrong, but I am not seeing it right now. Do you have hope?
    3 min
    Shoot, I forgot about the Paul Miller mess in Summit Tourney 2 years ago, too

You're not alone. I've been less then impressed with Richman since day one. I think the team won that first year inspite of him and on the back of LA more than anything. Would love to be wrong but I think the program is heading in the wrong direction under his leadership. I have no confidence he can develop these players and get the most out of them. Would be hugely disappointing considering some of the younger talent coming in.

2. Kabellis departure
    4. The fall of AJ
    6. Not getting Deng the minute he needed

7 min
    5 min
    3 min
    Shoot, I forgot about the Paul Miller mess in Summit Tourney 2 years ago, too
    8. The weave.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

I've heard culture concerns since day 1.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

2. Kabellis departure
    4. The fall of AJ
    6. Not getting Deng the minutes he needed

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    You're not alone. I've been less then impressed with Richman since day one. I think the team won that first year inspite of him and on the back of LA more than anything. Would love to be wrong but I think the program is heading in the wrong direction under his leadership. I have no confidence he can develop these players and get the most out of them. Would be hugely disappointing considering some of the younger talent coming in.
    Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    8. The weave.
    Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    I've heard culture concerns since day 1.
    The Culture Club.

My Mom yells louder than your Mom.