Page 14 of 61 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison Basketball Team ISSUES

Default Re: Bison Basketball Team ISSUES

I'm surprised people thinking we would be average this season. Yes we were a 5 seed last season, but I thought we would be a top contender with what we brought back. We were. Nice nucleus from last couple seasons. P Miller was there most games. Dex was there most games. AJ and Carlin showed up every few games. Khy is Khy and scores in bunches. Deng was the same throughout the season. We saw his potential vs Xavier. I think the speed of the game and defense was a big jump for him. D Miller didnt really improve much from frosh season. He had a few moments. Ward def. improved and should be a force from here on out. We had plenty of games where the offense went through big droughts and several games could've easily gone the other way. I hope that improves. SLT was disappointing, the league had a lot of parity this season. Im not sure we are suited to be a half-court grind it out team. We have several guys who can run and score in transition. I hope AJ can create a little better next season and someone can step in and give some production down low. Would also be nice to have a guy step up from outside to take weight off of Paul, AJ, and Khy. The league should be pretty even next season with the SD schools at the top, us, Denver, Omaha, IPFW, IUPUI all not far behind.

Remember this one?? https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012...all_Tournament

Next year 2013 we had SDSU down to the wire, and that game could have gone either way and then we saw what happened in 2014...

Hope Richman will adjust find some recruits to plug in and away we go. Did the team wear down at the end because he didn't substitute or was it partially the odd scheduling make it tough to get in a routine for this team?

Maybe a combo of things. I'll be back next year watching!

Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

You people are all looking in the wrong place for answers on this.

It was a foregone conclusion that the BB team was going to crap the bed as soon as they unveiled those hideous black..................oh, excuse me.........."anthracite" uniforms!

Can we just get back to being the "green & gold" again?

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Remember this one?? https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012...all_Tournament

Next year 2013 we had SDSU down to the wire, and that game could have gone either way and then we saw what happened in 2014...

Hope Richman will adjust find some recruits to plug in and away we go. Did the team wear down at the end because he didn't substitute or was it partially the odd [B][/B]scheduling make it tough to get in a routine for this team?

Maybe a combo of things. I'll be back next year watching!

Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.
    Every team in the league had the same scheduling deal
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

watched meidenger last night. 7 points 12 reb 6 blocks. how can you be 7 foot in north Dakota and not have a 20-20 ? (maybe because moody the und grad was a ball hog?)

Tyree Eady saw him in Wisconsin online 2 weeks ago, kid is a slasher & scorer.

Rocky Krueser totino has been up and down all year.

In my opinion, dave needs to allow this team to evolve and run & gun more (see Omaha 86 point game)

Khy
    Paul
    Cam Hunter
    Ward
    Dylan

bring AJ & Tyree off bench and run and gun baby!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Every team in the league had the same scheduling deal
    Why I said "this team" some teams can handle that some can't...

Wesenberg and Clements transferring......

https://twitter.com/jeffculhane/stat...54742974648323

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    There isn't a diehard Jack fan that thinks their rookie coach is any good. You know it, I know it. .
    That is a silly statement. SDSU had a new coach on a team that lost its top 4 guards. They made the NCAA tourney and he has solidly recruited. Would you rather have a team who started slow, struggled and figured it out to finish strong or a team that played well, struggled down the stretch and got ousted early against an inferior opponent.

You are under estimating the program down south and that is a dangerous things to do --- ever.

Quote Originally Posted by wcb_sas View Post
    That is a silly statement. SDSU had a new coach on a team that lost its top 4 guards. They made the NCAA tourney and he has solidly recruited. Would you rather have a team who started slow, struggled and figured it out to finish strong or a team that played well, struggled down the stretch and got ousted early against an inferior opponent.

You are under estimating the program down south and that is a dangerous things to do --- ever.

I know I expect the Yotes to be dang good also.

Interesting thread. I'd like to offer my 2 cents.

1) Paul Miller - best player absolutely. Does he "need" to be a leader no. Should he be a leader? Absolutely. Your best player HAS TO be at least in some way a leader. In fact you could argue he's the opposite, too selfish.

2) Deng Geu - your most athletic player and he's being yo-yo'd in and out of the lineup. Young players make mistakes. Sometimes you have to live with those mistakes. I think Richman has used him incorrectly.

3) Richman - wonderful coach good re euiter but maybe too much of a control do it my way individual. He may need to change, let go and be accepting of fluid situations that involve young men.