Page 24 of 61 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison Basketball Team ISSUES

Default Re: Bison Basketball Team ISSUES

Miller is pretty consistent but last night was an awful matchup for obvious reasons. You can tell he was the focal point of Usc defensively, extending out on him, in his face and sometimes sending another guy at him. As far as attitude, not too sure about that, but body language doesnt always look good. Just play.

Agree to just let Deng play. He works hard, has lapses at times, but is too valuable to not have on the court. Foul trouble hurt big time. Cam earned starting pg last night for the spark he provided and ball handling troubles.

Wish our posts could get a little nasty in them to make up for their lack of offense. I saw several instances where Geu, DM, and Elliason went for a dunk, missed it, but couldve easily put up a layup instead. AJ has lost confidence in his scoring/shooting. 6th man may be a good option for him. This team looked decent at times when getting in transition. Sometimes the ball sticks too much in half court and too many guys look for someone else to shoot. Little things can make them a potential SL champ.

Its seems interesting to me that some posters seem to be blaming Paul Miller for Khy leaving...That would be news to me. Paul gets beat up a lot on here and at times its been well deserved. I just dont see how some can say he is not a team player. Hes plays hard on both sides of floor. Rebounds the ball at a high level. Switched positions to fill a void because a kid quit on the program, when he is an all league player at his normal spot. Ndsubison1 also brings up a valid point on opponents scouting reports. Paul is all over it, has to earn every shot he gets because he is the vocal point. Paul just being on the floor enables space for all the other players. None of us our happy on how he played last night, he had a really bad game. Might be one of his worst games in a Bison uniform and we were still in the game.

Lots of things to be excited about though. Cam Hunter's coming out party, he needs to be given the keys to the pg position. Deng Geu needs to be on the floor, period. Him only getting 14 minutes against Santa Barbara is not acceptable. He needs to be on the floor 20 minutes a game at minimum. If he has to play through foul trouble so be it. Rocky....play him! He has a lot to learn guarding the post but he can be an impact guy for this team.

Dylan Miller is the one, thats most frustrating for me. Just looks like the same player he was his freshman year. I dont see a lot of development from year to year. Hes big and athletic just cant put it together. I think both Spencer and Rocky have passed him.

Tyree Eady, Jordan Meidinger and Jake Mertens all freshman that appear to be redshirting this year. Nnamdi Van Dulm what is his story? Transfer in to Lakeland College and not seen any action at UCSB and USC. Does he have a red shirt available? Not figured on the game speed and offense yet?
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Ever since Paul had that incident I felt like he has been a different player. The guy plays hard on both ends of the court, sure there are some things you can nitpick but effort isn't one of them. He may have some off games but if you are our opponent he is the one guy you need to stop and now we've added pg responsibilities which is probably a bit too much.

Cam looked great, start him and let Paul play off the ball. I wouldn't even play Dylan Miller, give Rocky his minutes. He will at least put them to use and get his development moving. AJ is definitely frustrating, I remember watching him in the Summit tournament as a freshman and I thought we were looking at a star and now it is like he doesn't even want to score.

Don't even get me started on Gue...Like I said in a previous post Richman has some talent on this team. They might be rough around the edges but he needs to make the most of them.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

There's a lot being said here but I think the consensus is Cam needs to start, I thought he was our best PG before the season started and the USC game just proved it to me. Put him in, move Samuelson to the bench where he is most effective coming from. Richman won't start Geu over AJ with AJ being a senior and all, I'm find with it as long as Geu gets his minutes, I agree with everyone saying he just needs to play and we need to live with the mistakes. Rocky looks like the real deal, I love his game, just needs to settle in a little, made a couple made a couple of bonehead freshman plays the other night but to be expected as a true freshman in his 2nd game. Our offense looks much better, we have a ton of talent on this team, just need the 5 spot to get it figured out and cut down on the turnovers and we should finish near the top of the Summit again and have a shot to go dancing.

so NDSU is 1-5 this year (1 win at Missouri St. 2 other wins shouldn't count (Stetson & Florida A M 328 & 344 RPI) so basically 1-5.

IUPUI in Summit Tourney 1st Round 1-6

Loss at Omaha b4 that.. 1-7

That's the sad reality right now.

4 more losses upcoming = 1-11 (und Arizona, Uc Wilmington and UTEP)

THEN SDSU & USD. 1-13

if that happens, that's unacceptable. you build a 50+ million stadium for that???
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

SERIOUSLY---how much longer will NDSU put up with Coach Richman and his "style" of play. First of, the OFFENSE sucks!! No interior touches to attack inside out or create foul troubles on other team---or get to the free throw line for EASY points. Offense doesn't generate enough movement and team doesn't move ball to attack both sides of the floor. It just seems a very vanilla offense and not very creative---

Next how well have player development been? Which is very important for any college basketball program---especially a mid major; Has AJ's game improved or Dylan Miller--sure might be the player's limitations but than maybe take away some of those players minutes and give to players that are YOUNG and let them play minutes.

I'll take a breath now and relax---but get so frustrated watching them play

Quote Originally Posted by Kujava23 View Post
    SERIOUSLY---how much longer will NDSU put up with Coach Richman and his "style" of play. First of, the OFFENSE sucks!! No interior touches to attack inside out or create foul troubles on other team---or get to the free throw line for EASY points. Offense doesn't generate enough movement and team doesn't move ball to attack both sides of the floor. It just seems a very vanilla offense and not very creative---

Next how well have player development been? Which is very important for any college basketball program---especially a mid major; Has AJ's game improved or Dylan Miller--sure might be the player's limitations but than maybe take away some of those players minutes and give to players that are YOUNG and let them play minutes.

I would assume until he has at least one season where they don't win more than 60% of their games (which of course hasn't happened yet).

Quote Originally Posted by Kujava23 View Post

Is this real life
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Richman getting fired? Maybe we should tap the brakes a bit, he has a lot to work on but he is going to get sometime to work it out based on what he has done here.

I do completely agree about the lack of player development though and the horrific offense.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.