Page 46 of 53 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 460 of 527

Thread: Bison Basketball Team ISSUES

  1. #451
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    30

    Default Re: Bison Basketball Team ISSUES

    Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    There is a lack of unity, emotion and leadership from my observation, as we seem to be getting less than the sum of the parts. We continue to come out flat and get down regularly in the 1st half of games. Some change is needed, no one can dispute that.
    Agreed ... particularly on lack of unity, emotion and leadership .... you can lead a horse to water but if the horse won't drink. Nevertheless I believe the HC is responsible for creating an environment of unity, a teamwork and commonality of purpose.

  2. #452
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    from trunk of a car
    Posts
    5,816
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Bison Basketball Team ISSUES

    Quote Originally Posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
    I’ve been following your team closely all year and I watch a lot of your games and attend most SDSU home games. Your team needs to move on from Richman. He’ll get another year (it’s deserved) to turn it around and he might do it, but I think it will just postpone the inevitable. Hopefully next years recruits can get it done or the real issue is the senior leadership and they move on.

    Hopefully for the Summit League he can make NDSU great again. #MNGA
    Well next year we will have one senior and that is Dylan Miller. His playing time has been cut this year. He has not developed as well as most on here think that he should have by now. Question even if he would return for his senior year. That would leave us with Juniors Nnamdi (does not play at all), Jared (plays but is a defensive liability), Deng ( who is getting better but still has a way to go and not getting enough court time) and Tyson (who needs to be more aggressive and lead this team).
    As an outside person, can you expand on your thoughts?
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

    "I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

    My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

  3. #453
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Fargo
    Posts
    14,257

    Default Re: Bison Basketball Team ISSUES

    Dylan Miller violated team rules and was suspended for last week's games plus tonight.

    447 In a row

  4. #454
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    961

    Default Re: Bison Basketball Team ISSUES

    Is next year the last season of Richman's original contract ? Looks like he signed a 5 year deal starting in 2014/15. Would Larsen let him go into a lame duck status next season with no extension?

  5. #455
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,278

    Default Re: Bison Basketball Team ISSUES

    Quote Originally Posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
    Iíve been following your team closely all year and I watch a lot of your games and attend most SDSU home games. Your team needs to move on from Richman. Heíll get another year (itís deserved) to turn it around and he might do it, but I think it will just postpone the inevitable. Hopefully next years recruits can get it done or the real issue is the senior leadership and they move on.

    Hopefully for the Summit League he can make NDSU great again. #MNGA
    6 games into the 2017 FB season, I was convinced that SDS had to move on from Stig as they did not seem to be playing to their ability. He did a nice job of turning that around in spite of the JMU loss.

    Itís now or never for Richman. Needs to get it back to above .500 this season, and show something by Christmas next year. Another flat Summit Lesgue tourney and Iíd be ready to cut bait.

  6. #456
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    23,935
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Bison Basketball Team ISSUES

    Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    Is next year the last season of Richman's original contract ? Looks like he signed a 5 year deal starting in 2014/15. Would Larsen let him go into a lame duck status next season with no extension?
    Guessing he would get the ax if Larsen wants to go in a new direction, the program is bleeding interest. Zero chance he gets any kind of extension unless it is an extension without really guaranteeing anything.
    Last edited by NDSUstudent; 02-13-2018 at 09:16 PM.
    "We're gonna go ahead and pin the Bison as the most successful small-conference DI sports program in America." -SBnation

  7. #457
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    713

    Default Re: Bison Basketball Team ISSUES

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Well next year we will have one senior and that is Dylan Miller. His playing time has been cut this year. He has not developed as well as most on here think that he should have by now. Question even if he would return for his senior year. That would leave us with Juniors Nnamdi (does not play at all), Jared (plays but is a defensive liability), Deng ( who is getting better but still has a way to go and not getting enough court time) and Tyson (who needs to be more aggressive and lead this team).
    As an outside person, can you expand on your thoughts?
    Can’t. No one knows what’s truly going on except those that are in that locker room and athletic department. He needs to figure it out this offseason, though. Didn’t last year end with the team deciding not to do a post-season tournament because of the way it ended? Not a good look when the page still hasn’t been turned. To me, it just looks like no one on the team enjoys themselves. Richman seems to want to act like Bill Belichick from the Patriots, but without the winning (obviously). It’s just his style.

  8. #458
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    713

    Default Re: Bison Basketball Team ISSUES

    Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    6 games into the 2017 FB season, I was convinced that SDS had to move on from Stig as they did not seem to be playing to their ability. He did a nice job of turning that around in spite of the JMU loss.

    It’s now or never for Richman. Needs to get it back to above .500 this season, and show something by Christmas next year. Another flat Summit Lesgue tourney and I’d be ready to cut bait.
    I think Stig is a better coach than people think. The issue is that fans have to look 2.5hrs down the road and see NDSU. Tough comparison. We’ll miss him when he’s gone.

  9. #459
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    23,935
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Bison Basketball Team ISSUES

    Quote Originally Posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
    Can’t. No one knows what’s truly going on except those that are in that locker room and athletic department. He needs to figure it out this offseason, though. Didn’t last year end with the team deciding not to do a post-season tournament because of the way it ended? Not a good look when the page still hasn’t been turned. To me, it just looks like no one on the team enjoys themselves. Richman seems to want to act like Bill Belichick from the Patriots, but without the winning (obviously). It’s just his style.
    I think last year the admin didn't want to potentially pay for another tournament and the year before the team decided to pull the pin. That was the year Miller sat out a Summit tournament game.

    My concern with Richman is that he is another Ray Giac, he can win with another coach's talent but can't really sustain things on his own.
    "We're gonna go ahead and pin the Bison as the most successful small-conference DI sports program in America." -SBnation

  10. #460
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Fargo, ND
    Posts
    1,172

    Default Re: Bison Basketball Team ISSUES

    Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    My concern with Richman is that he is another Ray Giac, he can win with another coach's talent but can't really sustain things on his own.
    I don't know about this part, the talent is there and has continued to come in as Cam, Rocky, Tyson, Eady all look like great players to come. The problem seems to be the utilization of the talent. Our rotations aren't based on matchups they are based on minutes it seems like and we run an offense where our center is standing outside the 3 point line catching a pass, these are things that need to be changed. Spencer is a big body, he should be setting ball screens, posting up and setting baseline screens, not standing at the 3 point line. When Denver went to a small lineup without Amigo we should have pounded the ball inside to Spencer and played Geu at the 5 when he needed a break and continued to pound away. Instead we run the same schemes regardless of game situations and it limits the talent of the players on the floor. That's my 2 cents anyway

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •